We spent 4 nights at Paradise Island in end May/ early Jun 2013. Ours was a last minute booking for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids in a beach bungalow. The pick up from the airport, speed boat ride and check in at the resort were all flawless. Then we were left to ourselves to find our bungalow- honestly not such a big deal with clear directions everywhere. The bungalow with the extra child bed was all set up. This efficiency was a constant feature at Paradise, even if the place is a bit impersonal. Our half board package gave us breakfast & dinner at Bageecha restaurant which were big spreads with a lot of choices. You get assigned a table for your stay and the same waiter assists you, not necessarily with a lot of warmth! The Italian restaurant also gives a lot of good choices. The bar, whether at sunset or noon, overlooks the lagoon and offers marvellous views.
White sands make the island very beautiful, and the clear waters were only a few steps from the rear gate of our bungalow. The weather during our entire stay was pleasant. The snorkeling, para sailing is top class, if a tard on the expensive side. But the staff there is excellent. The spa is decent without being a whole lot to gush about.
Like with Maldives all over, the waters are crystal clear and one can see marine life right through. A nice spot to see the multi coloured fish is from the jetty, views we have seen only in aquariums. On deaprture, the check out process was smooth and another boat ride to the airport and it was good bye to beautiful Maldives.
Some areas where we feel things may have been better--At times, we did see a few ants & insects in the bathroom, but I guess it is inevitable on a tropical island. The resort does seem a bit dimly lit up at night, but that too is a different kind of experience. The staff, while being efficient, do not offer any personal touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an island right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with bright white beaches, a lagoon with multiple hues of blue and aquamarine and tall coconut palms swaying to the breeze. Who wouldn't want to be marooned on one? All the more, when all modern comforts and formal professional services that one would expect on a five star hotel come together with it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Paradise Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Hotel Lankanfinolhu Island
- Paradise Island Resort Maldives
- Paradise Island Maldives
- Paradise Island Male
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Maldives/Lankanfinolhu Island