Spent three days over New Years at Chaya Island Dhonveli and it did not disappoint. You definately need to bring your wallet if you visit the Maldives but this resort certainly delivers. We had a over water suite that was stunning with the water right at the foot of your deck. When the tide was up you could snorkel right from your door but beware the strong tide if you are not a swimmer.
The mandatory New Years Eve banquet was unlike anything I have seen at resorts for similar occasions. The tables of food that were laid out for this event were absolutely amazing. More meat, fish, seafood, salads and desserts than you could even hope to try. I am a food guy and the variety and quality of the perpetration well exceeded my expectations. The evening entertainment was pretty standard but the food was the event unto itself. Breakfast and lunches throughout our stay were also very good. Be sure to sign up for the 'full board' as the cost of drinks and lunch is pretty high and there are no other options available. By the time you add on $5 for each club soda and coke and $35 / person for lunch it pays for itself pretty quickly and then you don't have to chase your kids for everything!
Diving was a little disappointing. Great variety of fish to see and some nice dive sites but the coral life was much less vibrant than I expected considering the Maldives is supposed to be some of the best diving in the world. The hotel dive shop is one of the most professional groups I have come accross.
Do not hesitate to come to Chaya Island Dhonveli it is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli is Kaafu Atoll's best-kept secret for its world famous surf point known as Pasta Point. Located in the heart of the best surf areas, the island is a paradise for water sports lovers. Surfing, Diving, Snorkeling, Canoeing, Pedalo are hot favorites while Outdoor sports such as Tennis, Beach Volley Ball and Badminton are also available. This exqusite island resort offers lavish living spaces with 148 stylish rooms and six restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Chaaya Island Dhonveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Hotel North Male Atoll
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Resort
- Dhonveli Beach Spa