Sitting here on our balcony looking out over the beautiful Indian Ocean having spent just over a week here so far, I have to say I wonder where those who have posted negative comments about this hotel were staying, still you can't please everyone. This Hotel is in my opinion very very good and excellent value.The staff here are all very helpful especially in the excellent Maakana Restaurant top marks for super Sammy the superb salad man, Zahir our waiter was brilliant nothing was too much trouble for him all the time we spent there and all of the other staff whom are always there to cater for the most demanding guests with pleasant attitudes, it seems to us there is a genuine desire to make everyone's stay as good as it can be. We stayed in a water bungalow for the first week which we found to be excellent it appears that they have been renovated recently. I have to say that Thomson Holidays and especially their on site rep the lovely Zita have made our time here so far that much more relaxing as from the moment we landed she has been there to assist and reassure nothing is too much trouble for her.Having now moved into the water suites and the Rehendhi restaurant we will post an up date when we get home. Just don't hesitate to make this hotel your first choice I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Do bring some beach shoes as the coral can be quite sharp under foot.Carole and Tony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli is Kaafu Atoll's best-kept secret for its world famous surf point known as Pasta Point. Located in the heart of the best surf areas, the island is a paradise for water sports lovers. Surfing, Diving, Snorkeling, Canoeing, Pedalo are hot favorites while Outdoor sports such as Tennis, Beach Volley Ball and Badminton are also available. This exqusite island resort offers lavish living spaces with 148 stylish rooms and six restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chaaya Island Dhonveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Hotel North Male Atoll
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Resort
- Dhonveli Beach Spa