First tip is dont try and take alcohol in to the Maldives it WILL be confiscated at the airport. The next thing is the heat and humidity hit you in the face when you get off the plane, travel in something lightweight as you normally have about an hours wait before boarding speed boats or sea planes.
We started our holiday in beach bungalow 406, great location, really roomy, lots of storage space, modern air conditioning. large telly. We were upgraded half way through our holiday to a water bungalow (703), very nice but not as much storage space and the bathroom was in a poor state of repair apart from the jacuzzi bath which was brand new, which made the rest of the bathroom look even worse!!! Definately not worth an extra £1000 for 2 weeks.
Take up the laundry service offer as trying to wash and dry clothes is nearly impossible because of the humidity. Your dirty clothes are taken in the morning and brought back at tea time washed and pressed , great.
The all inclusive is very restricted, all drinks from the beach bar are extra, the drinks in the mini bar in the room are extra and very expensive. The beer is ok, the spirits are local brands and the cocktails are really naff. Watch out for midnight as you have to pay for ALL drinks after then.
The food is excellent and most of it is cooked or prepared before your eyes, if you stay for 2 weeks you will not get bored as the choice is varied and they have different themed nights.
The staff are great. very friendly and helpful.
As you are captive on the island the excursions, diving, boat hire and themed parties were all very expensive, the Spa was quite reasonable if you asked for deals and a discount.
Take your own snorkelling gear as this is $6 a day to hire and you will snorkel everyday as the sea life is brilliant.
Good holiday, worth a visit but better value can be had else where with the same wow factor namely Mexico. We marked this 13/20
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli is Kaafu Atoll's best-kept secret for its world famous surf point known as Pasta Point. Located in the heart of the best surf areas, the island is a paradise for water sports lovers. Surfing, Diving, Snorkeling, Canoeing, Pedalo are hot favorites while Outdoor sports such as Tennis, Beach Volley Ball and Badminton are also available. This exqusite island resort offers lavish living spaces with 148 stylish rooms and six restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Chaaya Island Dhonveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Hotel North Male Atoll
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Resort
- Dhonveli Beach Spa