“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Baros Island
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed a week at Baros in June 2013 as part of a 2 week honeymoon and absolutely loved it! We had a villa on the beach and found this to be very secluded and luxurious. The resort has recently won an award for most romantic resort in the world, and we can see why! It really did feel like there were very few people on the island and were on our own for much of the day. The house reef as others have said is excellent and significantly better than the one at Gili Lankanfushi where we went the following week. During our snorkles we saw turtles several times and sharks every time, as well as lion fish, an octopus, moray eels and countless fish!

The food was excellent, with a fantastic breakfast meaning we usually weren’t hungry until dinner. The Lighthouse restaurant deserved a special mention for the quality of food (remember to book!) but our favourite dish was the simple spicy beef at Lime! Service was also perfect, and we were made to feel very welcome from start to finish.

Despite it being the rainy season, it rained very little during our stay though we’d heard the week before hadn’t been great. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone, particularly for a honeymoon.

Fab & Sam

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shuhan A, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Fab & Sam,

Shukuriyya for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor and also for staying with us.

It was a great pleasure for all of us to have had the chance to meet yourselves and being able to fulfill your expectations.

It is your next visit that we all are waiting and looking forward for and we hope it is not too far in the future.

1,074 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed there for our honeymoon in the end of June 2013. Before staying our expectations were very high because of many positive comments here. I can easily say that we are very satisfied, we had a perfect honeymoon. We stayed in a Pool Water Villa and it was excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in Pool Water Villa. it was excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Osonmez,

Thank you for the lovely review! We all at Baros are very happy to read that we have made your stay perfect!

On behalf of all of us at Baros Maldives, "Shukuriyya" and we all look forward to see you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited Baros for our 15th wedding anniversary and could not have asked for a nicer place with better staffing than Baros provided. We arrived in Male late in the evening and were greeted by a fancy boat that was to take us 20 minutes to the marvelous island. The staff greeted us with champagne (and the other passengers) and our luggage was delivered to our beachfront room. After a welcome cocktail we went to sleep as it was late for us (still on Singapore time).
We woke up and went for an amazing buffet breakfast at Lime Restaurant. The waffles and the selection of food was impressive - you could be healthy or less healthy - your choice. While the restaurant did not have WIFI, I suggested it would be a good idea for those people that use the Internet (iPads) for their morning reading. The responsive staff had WIFI set up in the restaurant that afternoon! Wow....super responsive.
The rooms were amazing. Very spacious and the outdoor balcony overlooking the water was amazing. It was also very private so you could sit and have a nice breakfast every day out there if you preferred to be a bit more seclusive. The outdoor showers, Nespresso machines, WIFI and comfortable outdoor sitting were all great attributes of the Baros resort.
Very important and very good. We loved the Lighthouse for dinners. WIFI equipped Lime was unbeatable and Cayenne was a nice lunch spot. We also dined in the room a few times which was very nice.

Gym
Well the gym was great but who goes to the Maldives to go to the gym? I went one time - great gym but in Maldives better to relax.

Staff
Amazingly professional and super responsive. I think this was the best services staff that I have seen in a long time. The Manager was also amazing. He was very aware of our 15th anniversary (as were the staff) and was always checking in to see how our trip was going.

To Do
We took out a glass bottom boat which was very fun. My wife went scuba diving a few times and the beach is extremely nice for resting and relaxing...this was a great place to relax and de-stress.

So in summary - great food, great staff, great scenery - what else could one want? I only wish I had more time there.....

Stayed June 2013
Shuhan A, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear JeffofSingapore,

What a beautiful review! We are thrilled to learn that we have made a wonderful and relaxing holiday for you during your stay with us.

It was a great pleasure for all of us to have met you and we cannot wait to have you back again with us.

Thank you once again and Warmest Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in Baros last October for our silver wedding anniversary. It was the most wonderful holiday from every point of view. From the moment we stepped off the plane our expectations were truly surpassed. We spent the whole week just marvelling at the natural beauty - it was possible to believe that nowhere else existed or even mattered!! A real escape. The island is beautiful, the staff are fantastic and the food is out of this world. Our anniversary evening was spent dining on the beach which was a very special and magical experience - we loved it! We will definitely return to Baros for another easy and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear cuckoo28,

Warmest Greetings from Baros Maldives!

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor for us and it is a great pleasure for us to read your review.

We all at Baros Maldives look forward to having you back again soon for another wonderful time with us.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went there after our stay at Gili Lankafushi. Upon reviews that compared between both resorts, i found everything that was said just right. If you are looking for the sophistication and a place to dress up and wear heals so this is your place.

We loved our stay there and we loved the romantic surprise that they made for us. After we had dinner at the Lighthouse restaurant, which has amazing food and very romantic ambiance, we went home to find flowers everywhere, on the bed, the floor, and in the bathroom tub. They nailed it really.

Breakfast was amazingggggggggg :D so many food options and delicious as well.

Coral reefs and colored fish are what they are famous for, really amazingggggggggggg and diverse. We even swam with friendly little sharks. We weren't lucky enough to see the turtles.

We were on BB as we wanted to try all the 3 restaurants. The lighthouse is the best however you have to make a reservation for it. The lime is what we liked the least however it's not bad, i would rate it as average.

Best thing that you find the manager of the resort welcoming you when you first arrive and again you find him waiving goodbye and wishing you a safe trip.

Room Tip: We took Villa 314 it's a water pool Villa.. Good privacy for the pool but not all the day long...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shuhan A, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear feistyRoOdy,

Warmest Greetings from the Romantic Baros Maldives!

It was a great pleasure for all of us to have had the chance to be of your service during your stay and to have made it such a romantic experience for you.

We now look forward very much to have you back again with us for even a better and a more romantic time with us.

On behalf of all of us at Baros Maldives

Warmest Regards and see you soon.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just noticed that this came in the top ten hotels for 2013 and could not resist the temptation to back up all the rave reviews.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the sea villas were amazing, some reviews questioned whether it was worth the up grade to the sea villas from the beach bungalows but I would say if you come to Baros it may only be once so do the whole experience.
The dive centre was fantastic and even though we saw no mantas every opportunity was tried by the staff to spot the elusive beasts.
Food amazing, you need to visit the lighthouse at least once during your vacation, wine was expensive for mediocre wine, however, we took advantage of happy hour everyday and indulged in a few cocktails, all of which were served with complimentary canopies.
Overall paradise on earth.

Room Tip: upgrade to a sea villa away from the dive centre
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Annie L,

We are delighted to read your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. It such reviews which motivates us to go further in exceeding the expectations of our guests.

Shukuriyya for sharing such a lovely review and we all look forward to meeting you soon again at Baros Maldives.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

All I can say is that every raving review here is spot on about this place. I went to the Maldives by myself to have a mini-retreat, away from work and family craziness. The staff at Baros absolutely saw to that.

The resort itself is well-maintained and luxurious. I booked a deluxe villa but got upgraded to a Baros villa (more space). The beach and house reef is, quite literally, right outside the villa. The housekeeper was friendly and attentive, and the room was well-kept from day to day. I loved walking around the island as much as I loved sitting in my room at night. A couple of times, I found myself lingering in the restaurants just soaking in the view and fresh air. Despite the resort being quite full, I never felt it was crowded (maybe except during breakfast, but it was manageable even then). Also (sorry people with young kids), no kids. That kind of contributed to my decision to go to Baros, as I was after some peace and quiet after all.

While the resort itself is pretty fabulous, I must say that the five star rating I'm giving here goes completely to the staff. I was met right outside baggage claim by name, ushered to a waiting speedboat and whisked off to the island. Now, it happened that I was the only one arriving at that time, which was why I was the only person on the boat, but I still felt like a queen. Then, I was met at the jetty by the front-of-house manager, Shijan, and given a welcome drink. My villa host, Azzam, then escorted me to the villa and walked me through the various appointments. I found a personally-addressed welcome letter and events calendar in the villa. And then, for the next three days, I was in total bliss.

The spa is beautiful, comparable to the best that I've seen in Bali. I must also give a shout out to the resident Yogi, Kumar. I took AM yoga with him every morning, and tried out a meditation session. He was patient and kind, and definitely contributed to the overall sense of well-being I felt when I was at Baros.

The snorkeling was... amazing! I have snorkeled in plenty of places, but the reef (I recommend that you go outside the breakwaters, at high tide) was positively teeming with colorful fish! I tried to keep a count of the different species I saw and gave up. I think this might be the best snorkeling I've done. The crew at the marine center was efficient and helpful as well, though I had the least contact with them.

While sunning on the beach, the staff makes rounds with cold towels and sunglass cleaning service. What? I mean, I don't know if this is what happens in all the resorts, but I was pretty stoked.

Food-wise, if you happen upon Maldivian Night, go for it! Each thing I tried was better than the last. I also splurged and had dinner at the Lighthouse on my last evening. The degustation menu was worth every dime, the resident wine expert was very knowledgeable, and my waiter, Shiyan (I think that's right), achieved the right tone of attentiveness. In fact, this is true of everyone at Baros: they were attentive, but not intrusive; they respected my personal space and I never felt as if they were hovering. I was surprised by how many of the staff (no matter what level) endeavored to learn my name and addressed me accordingly. The managers made sure to introduce themselves at some point.

All in all, this was the perfect place for my vacation and I would go back in a heartbeat. Can't think why it's taken me so long to go to the Maldives in the first place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Janet L,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and a detailed review. We are all thrilled to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very much looking forward for your next visit to us soon for another great time with us.

Do let us know if there is anything we could do prior to your next visit to us again.

On behalf of all members of Baros Maldives

Resort Manager

Been to Baros Maldives? Share your experiences!