My stay at Baros is from June 8th to 16th: yes, I'm at Baros now.
We stayed first 4 nights at Deluxe villa, and we're moving to Water villa today for the rest of 3 nights.
Therefore, this is the 1st part of my review about Deluxe villa.
Overall- the resort is amazing in everywhere - beautiful lagoon, undersea environment is also fantastic (we could see so many beautiful tropical fishes and even sharks!), the service quality is flawless.
Villa- if you're thinking about 'Deluxe villa', I would strongly recommend that it is actually nicer than the picture. Air-condition works well, you can jump into the sea for snorkeling, there's a Nespresso machine, as well. Considering the value, Deluxe villa is a good choice I believe.
Foods- They upgraded Breakfast to HB plan which is a very good deal. The breakfast is good - but the menu is the same everyday, so if you stay longer, you might feel bored. The dinner is good in overall, and we found that indian & asian foods(except Japanese) are better than western foods. But I have say that the coffee is served very hot, beer is not served very cold. Wine list is too expensive - hard to find decent one with reasonable price. (70% of them is above $100)
If you're honeymooner, they'll provide you 'Candle lighted dinner' at beach - honestly, it wasn't the best meal. They served foods so quickly; started at 7:30 and finished at 9. I had to finish starter, main, and dessert with 1 bottle of wine during 1 and half hour, which is too fast from my standard. The waiter was keep asking if I'm finished, so I had to eat fast. If they call it as 'special service', the execution is important, I think. Don't understand why they made it less satisfactory because of a small detail. Other than this, I love everything at Baros!
My review will be updated after staying at Water villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male