“The gold standard in holiday experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Exclusive Summer Saver
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Baros Island
Lausanne, Switzerland
“The gold standard in holiday experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

"after being to Baros Maldives, our holidays were never the same. Because it was just as they had let us dream and imagine with their pictures. It was even better because pictures don’t extend the warmth of hospitality."

"All the vacations hereafter are compared to it and though its a bit unfair on the rest out there but this one stands as our gold standard. The place was just too good to be true."

"I don’t have any idea or definition or photographic evidence of the word ‘Paradise’. I use this word to describe a place, that feels ‘too beautifully out of place, to be on earth’. If I call my home in Switzerland, a paradise in mountains then, this is the seaside counterpart, for sure."

"When you’re in Baros, let down your hair, put your feet up, taking a deeeeep breath and capture the sights in your memory."

"Well, this was one of the best trips ever. And this is also my way to say a huge ‘thank you’ to Baros Maldives for taking such good care of us. I think we can pat our backs too, for picking this place, out of all."

Further read review of Baros: http://goo.gl/fb/ilDgF

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
a_shuhan, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear pastlifeseamstress,

Thank you for staying with us at Baros Maldives.

There is no better way to express Baros Maldives than you have done and we are delighted that we have had the chance to have created such a beautiful experience for your stay with us.

We all look forward to creating even much better experience for your next visit to us and we hope it is not too far away.

1,094 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

What can I say? This is a truly amazing place. We were looked after from the minute we cleared customs at Male, right up to going thru passport control on our way back. We were in our room with a glass of bubbly in our hand, within an hour of touching down at Male. And things just got better and better...The room was lovely (deluxe beach villa), the bathroom was stunning, and both were kept beautifully clean. The food was excellent, at all the restaurants, but the Lighthouse was something else. And the Lighthouse bar was magical - you must try a mojito royale, fabulous!
Snorkelling on the house reef was marvellous - sharks, rays, turtles, plus so many other varieties of colourful fish. We also took the time to do a PADI open water dive course, which we successfully completed - can't imagine a more fantastic place to do it.
The staff and service were exemplary yet subtle and unassuming. Shuhan the manager took time to talk to the guests, Regis and the dive centre team were great, Azzam made our son's day when he managed to get hold of a football for us. And the bar and restaurant staff were wonderful.
You really get the sense that this is a Maldivian resort run by Maldivians, rather than an international conglomerate. This really sets it apart.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear HelandTone,

Thank you for the lovely review!

It is a great pleasure in reading the beautiful words and a great delight to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us very much.

On behalf of all of us from Baros Maldives "Shukuriyya" and we all look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Most likely if you are reading about this resort you are seeking a beautiful romantic, getaway with your spouse. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!! In fact whether just married, married 10 years, even 30 (or somewhere in between). Baros will provide the ingredients to fall even more in love with that special person.

This was a big spend for us, after 15 years we have had getaways, but nothing like this! I will skip the points you have already read about and go to the things that stand out.

Rooms are pristine, cozy, and romantic. We stayed in three different room types due to my late booking. All the villas we saw have differences. Close to restaurants and activities, but a bit more traffic. Further away, have more privacy. Still you can not go wrong...just choose what you like.
- The water villas are amazing! Privacy with amazing views.
- The Baros villas are very nice and close to the beach, with your own outdoor shower room. Probably the best value.
- The pool villa is quite expensive for what you get, basically a Baros villa with a small pool for several hundred dollars more. A bit more secluded.

Service: Unfortunately the first impression of Baros was not good as we arrived late night from Singapore and had to wait for at least 20 minutes till we our greeters and transportation (boat)arrived. That put us in a bad mood. That aside every day the staff was unobtrusive, friendly, and extremely well trained. This is a very experienced management team that run a tight ship.

Food: We like simple things, so the big breakfast, pasta dishes, and main courses at both Cayenne and Lime were great, not one bad meal....and of course perfect service. Often we would skip lunch and have an early dinner.

Drinks: Everything was served perfectly at all of the bars and restaurants. Mixed drinks perfectly mixed, wine in the right glasses, beer ice cold, soft drinks with lots of ice. Cheap by Singapore standards, and they kept giving us snacks with our cocktails.

Snorkeling: We have snorkeled in many places. Hawaii, Great Barrier Reef, Thailand, Indonesia. This is by far the best, and it is only a few steps outside of any villa you choose. Turtles, sting rays, sharks, octopus we saw them all. Even witnessed a shark harassing a poor octopus (the poor octopus did get away). Great equipment, and good advice at the small dive shop. Rent an underwater camera...well worth it.

All this to say the resort lets you focus on your loved one.... No other vacation or resort was as romantic and special as this. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms near restaurants are convenient and have good snorkeling. Rooms further away have a bit more...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
a_shuhan, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear SSinsingapore,

What a lovely way to describe Baros Maldives!

It is a real delight for all of us to have read your review and we appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused at the time of arrival and I can assure you that this is taken seriously.

We all at Baros Maldives look forward to having you with us for another Romantic experience with us in the near future.

on behalf of your Baros Maldives team

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our fifth trip to the Maldives and the first visit to Baros. I stayed for 2 weeks in a Water bungalow, in May 2013, My expectations for the holiday were quite high, due to the reviews and cost, but nothing can prepare you for the reality of Baros.
It is like being enveloped in a world where your holiday is the most important thing to everyone on the island, and without exception everyone demonstrates that commitment.

The attention to detail for every aspect of the island is clear, and a lot of thought has been put in to ensuring you have everything you need. Should something not be covered all you have to do is hit one button on the phone and the person who met you and introduced you to the room and island is there and will sort anything immediately.

The water bungalow was lovely, beautifully appointed, everything you could need. Good and plentiful cosmetics, robes, hairdryer. The slippers, flip flops, Baros beach bag are all lovely and yours to bring home. Daily fruit, great tea and coffee stuff that is replenished constantly. Housekeeping is really good, and the room was always beautiful.

The food was really good everywhere. Firstly breakfast, which was a veritable feast of everything you could want, and if it wasn't there all you had to do was ask the brilliant breakfast crew of chefs and waiting staff, who all helped each day in paradise start with fun and humour, as well as great service! All the restaurants were excellent, but the Lighthouse was stunning. We ate there several times and all the courses were fantastic. We will never forget sitting by the Indian Ocean eating such memorable food.

The bars - probably our favourite places. The Lighthouse bar, atop the restaurant and serving great cocktails and canapés. We went there often and were superbly looked after by Nitin and Yenny, who were fantastic. The Palm Garden was heaven, relaxing under the palms with drinks and snacks, day beds by the sea, with the lovely Ibrahim making sure you have everything you need. Nothing was too much trouble

The island is very pretty, and completely changed my mind on sea walls. The ones on Baros are discrete and made of natural materials and have become habitats in their own right, They mean the island is pristine and suffers no erosion, They also create lovely lagoon areas, almost like natural swimming pools.

Snorkelling was fantastic, much better than we were expecting. There are different areas of reef that offer quite a diverse range of reef and sea creatures. We snorkelled daily and there were always new things to see. we were really impressed.

I come back though to the thing that really made Baros special and that is the people who work there. The resort Manager, who is around and happy to stop and chat, always wanting feedback and to know what could be better, the management team who are out and about all the time, checking things are as you want them, the chefs, telling you to ask for anything that isn't available, and the whole team whose care and consideration we will never forget.

We usually leave the Maldives with a question, of how and when and where we will go to next time we go back to this beautiful paradise to which we are addicted, This time we only had one question as we sped away from Baros. How quickly can we get back to Baros?

My thanks to all at Baros for our fantastic, faultless holiday

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear salbeth,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in so detail on TripAdvisor. Myself and the team were delighted to read your beautiful review.

We are very much looking forward for your next visit to us and to have even a better experience with us again.

On behalf of the whole Baros Maldives team, "Shukuriyya"

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Baros indeed a good choice! Without disappointment on anything. Their service are extra mile. I'm not a good swimmer, but it's easily to have a wonderful snorkeling at Baros reef wall, which I would keep return everyday to see such a wonderful house reef! You can't miss this even you are not a good swimmer it's a must try at Baros.
It happens to be a full moon on my 2nd day of stay, We had a romantic dinner under the full moon (Night In White) in the lighthouse with house reef swam around, the dinner was fantastic with 6 course meal, it worth it every cents.
We are staying at Water villa and it was amazing room (308) I suppose I wanted a room with sunset view which I find a little blockage to the right view (just a little) I had told one of the lobby staff, and she delivered such an extra miles service to me. She get me a map and show me the next two room which is without blockage the view of the sunset, she even check with the manager to see if she could get me that room! After I return to my room within 5mins she called me and gave me that good news. Saying we are able to change the room for a best sunset view I'm just so touch by her extra miles service. I'm so bad I couldn't even remb her name, but I'm sure she will recall me after reading this review, thou I did not change the room in the end because under my sun deck there is 3 corals! bad swimmer like me could easily see so many beautiful fishes just under my deck I'm already very contented. I still see the best sunset in my life so we decided to stick with our room (308).
I'm very glad that I had chosen Baros, and will be retuning to Baros again next year. I really hope Baros could do more promotion for married couples rather then honeymoons promotion for just married couples.

I can't wait to return Baros again!

Million thanks to all Baros staff,
especially the lobby lady staff I mention above. I will bring you a gift when I returns :)

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Wendi1206,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor for us.

It was a great pleasure for all of us at Baros Maldives to have had the chance to be of your service.

Shukuriyya on behalf of the team of Baros and especially from Domi from Guest Service Team who went the extra mile in providing the excellent Baros service.

We look forward to having you back with us at the earliest possible.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Perfect in every way! Go for the water villas, dine at the Lighthouse and scuba dive at the local reef! It really is paradise! One of my most memorable times ever is dining on the sandbank......imagine you arrive on a tiny island just or yourself, sip champagne while you watch the sunset and then enjoy a 4/5 course splendid menu cooked in front of you.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
a_shuhan, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear TAMember04182012,

It is a great pleasure for all of us to read the beautiful review of yours. Indeed Sandbank is the most incredible experience.

We really look forward to having you back with us for another wonderful Baros experience.

Shukuriyya from all of us at Baros Maldives!

Brackley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just returned yesterday (27 May 2013) from Baros. This was our fifth trip to the Maldives and our first to Baros we can not see why we would now want to visit any other resort in the Maldives after experiencing Baros. It is a perfect destination with excellent service and excellent rooms. The Lighthouse restaurant is sublime. The staff are really friendly and add to the whole experience. The house reef is excellent with reef sharks and turtles to be seen and is very accessible and easy to snorkel. This resort is perfect in every aspect. Thank you for a memorable two weeks. Special mention to Ibrahim in Sails Bar and to Nitin and Yenny in the Lighthouse bar and Azeez in the Lighthouse restaurant however congratulations to everyone from the maintenance people to the management for creating a truly stunning resort. Looking forward to our return in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RKP514,

Thank you for the lovely review and describing us as the Best.

It was a great pleasure having you staying with us and we look forward for your next visit to Baros Maldives

Shukuriyya from all of us at Baros Maldives and especially from Ibrahim, Nitin, Yenny and Azeez.

Warm Regards,

Resort Manager

Been to Baros Maldives? Share your experiences!