We visited Baros on the second leg of our holiday, and it was everything we expected and more!
After our tourist-filled first leg, all we wanted to do was relax and take in the scenery.
We stayed in a Beach Front Villa (amazing), and we loved having direct access to our own "private" beach. We spent every morning and evening on our lounge chairs, and it was perfect.
We ate at each of the restaurants and did several activities, all of which we would recommend to others.
**Food: There are 3 restaurants on the island. All offer GREAT vegetarian options!
Breakfast was served buffet style every morning, and there are several options. This is the only time you'll see all of the island guests btw!
The Lighthouse was a great place to have what feels like a private fine-dining experience.
Both Cayenne and Lime were nice to spend an evening at, but we avoided the buffets that were offered a few times a week.
Room Service, this is the BEST thing we found about the entire trip. Although there is a separate menu for In-Villa Dining, they do allow you to request certain dishes from all of the other restaurants. We enjoyed this because we were able to have dinner on our back porch and listen to the waves. We did this twice, and it was definitely the most private and romantic option available (at no extra charge)!
**Spa: Although a bit overpriced, the spa services were great. The Balinese massage is great for those with stress and tense shoulders.
**Activities: We chose to do activities based on the days they were offered. TIP: Book activities as soon as you arrive as to ensure availability.
Scuba: I love diving, but my boyfriend isn't certified. They had a great package course that allowed us to dive twice together. He got more one-on-one attention, and we were able to enjoy the experience together! Beautiful reefs and the dive instructors were very friendly!
Snorkeling: Snorkeling is completely free, and it is very worthwhile. We were able to walk straight out of our room and explore the reef right along the beach. We saw nearly as much here as we did diving!
Maldivian Hand Trolling: This was a very fun activity. It was great to be on the boat during sunrise, and most of us caught fish. After, they offer to cook the fish for you for lunch, which we turned down because we aren't fond of tuna. However, the other guests on the boat took our fish!
Sunset Dolphin Cruise: We didn't get our hopes up about seeing dolphins on this trip, but we thought it would be nice to go out during the sunset. Wow were we wrong! We saw tons of dolphins. This trip ended up being really excited and fast-paced. Perfect way to end our trip!!
**Staff: The staff was always very friendly, and it seemed like everyone knew our names. We had no problems, and anything we asked for was quickly done.
We felt like we were completely alone on the island, which is exactly what we wanted. I would recommend this to honeymooners, couples, or anyone wanting to get away from reality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male