We went for our honeymoon a few months ago and although we did have a great time I feel that there are several things that the management of the hotel needs to improve.
Service: Service was great, everybody on the island is really polite and helpful. I did not have a single complaint for any of the employees, which is actually rare while staying 9 days there and being with them all day
Reception: Good reception, waiting for the guests to arrive and taking them for a tour of the island.
Island: The island itself is really nice, however it is rather small - you can do a full tour within 5-10'. For me it was OK, however some people might be looking for a bigger island.
Snorkelling: Snorkelling is fantastic, just outside your villa. This is one of the biggest positives of the island.
Nighlife: Simply put, none. It was perfect for our honeymoon, however if you are looking for night activities you won't find anything besides once per week that they had live music that was nice.
Rooms: We stayed in a water villa which was spacious, comfortable and had direct access to the sea. However the villas are (or at least look) really old. This is the only part of my stay that I thought that I was actually paying too much. Having wrecked decks/stairs, or doors/windows that do not open is quite unacceptable for such a resort. In general, the room was nice but it did not worth that money. Some of the villas are actually geting renovated, adding a pool too, so I would suggest to choose one of these.
Food: Breakfast was really good with many options. Regarding lunch/dinner, there are 3 restaurants. Service in all of them is nice, the food was good, however I would expect to have more options in the menus.
Spa: If you have been to other places in Asia you won't be that excited, however it was a good experience overall
Scuba: You should definitely try it since Maldives is probably one of the best places for Scuba.
Activities: I could not comment since I did not choose to do any, however none actually looked that exciting to make me book it and they seemed a bit expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male