We stayed here Oct 2012 for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon (we also stayed elsewhere in the Maldives), and thought the resort was exactly as the brochures say, well worth it and you get what you pay for. The thing we would point out is the exceptional service we received from the assistant manager. (long story- short version), my new wife had a meltdown over a few things she felt might spoil our perfect honeymoon and the assistant manager and others bent over backward to accommodate us and make us really enjoy our experience at Baros. Just for that we thank you and would recommend this island to anyone looking for a luxury resort in the Maldives at a good price.
As for other specifics - well the food selection was broad, good quality, good value (for an island) and there was plenty of it. The new over water villas with pool were spectacular (the wife prefers these, while I prefer the sand in the feet beachside bungalows), and the staff were very friendly, talkative and made you feel very welcome. The facilities - gym, dive shop, and bars were all great.
A small Island that even when full seemed empty, great location (no sea plane delays), and over the top service when required.
The spa - well I had the best massage I have every had - Balinesse style and hard - it was like i was transported to another dimension and wish i had more of them.
If I were to complain it would be about things that are more a personal preference and will be up to you to decide. eg; the islands is small and compact, there is no swimming pool if you dont like the ocean swimming (different to snorkelling)...The only thing I did notice was the airconditioners were noisy (more so than i was used to) so there is really little to complain about really :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male