I recently stayed 3 nights in Rydges North Sydney. It was booked over the Rydges web site and it was convenient.
Service was bad because:
1) I booked a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room.
I didn't like the smell in the room and the staff explained they were fully booked and they would be able to give me a non-smoking one for nights #2 and #3. I was told that if I gave reception my bad in the morning, they would do the move.
2) On Day 2 morning I dropped my bag off at reception as instructed. Once again the staff confirmed that when the new room became available someone would bring it up.
The receptionist didn't put a tag or a label on my suitcase, but she assured me it would be OK.
After work I picked up the room key and found the bag was missing. Went to the reception they wouldn't find it neither. I was shown inside to pick my own. It was not there. A few minutes later they did locate it but it felt a bad feeling.
3) Room service was bad - nothing on the tray was covered, the drink / toast / cereal / fruit all exposed to the staff or other guests sneezed on the way up to the room.
4) Bathroom was shocking (dirty and dated) in the smoking room. It's fair (dated but clean) in the non-smoking room.
There are a few good points about this hotel
- there is free wireless access on the ground floor
- the bed linen/deco has been updated (since my last stay about 2 years ago)
- it was fairly quiet for sleep
- there is carparking available
- it's right in North Sydney, it's walking distance to all offices in North Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges North Sydney is perfectly situated for the discerning traveller, within close walking distance to the North Sydney business district and only a short journey over the iconic Harbour Bridge into Sydney’s CBD. Completed in March 2011 a $2 Million accommodation upgrade included all corridors, completely refurbished bedrooms including carpet, curtains, cabinets, loose furnishings and freshly painted room. Dine in your room or MUNDO Grill and Bar offering an eclectic and exciting menu open 7 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Rydges North Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Sydney Hotel North Sydney
- Rydges North Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Rydges North Hotel