“More than view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of North Sydney Harbourview Hotel

You added North Sydney Harbourview Hotel to your Saves list
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Blue Street, North Sydney, New South Wales 2060, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in North Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“More than view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My second stay at this hotel confirmed how much my wife and I like staying here. The views of course are superb, but wait there is more! The staff are friendly, helpful, approachable and not at all pretentious. The rooms are comfortable, clean with all the modern comforts. The Sunday buffet breakfast was both good quality and value and the bar has some value Happy Hour drinks. The location, especially if you don't have a car (like we didn't) is so convenient. Underneath is North Sydney station which is only minutes travel to Sydney CBD or for those more energetic, a short walk across Harbour Bridge. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: A harbour view room is a must.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel is aptly named. Very nice view of the harbor bridge from the rooms. Opera house is also visible from some rooms on the south side of higher floors. It is just beside North Sydney station and close to many malls and happening places. Good comfort hotel with a great view.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the south east side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel will give you a beautiful bathroom, and lovely bed etc, but if you are taking a budget room, you may find that not only is your room small, but if you are below about the sixth floor you'll hear the train. We stayed on the fourth floor last night and you could hear (and virtually feel) the trains, and the local traffic. Other than that nice that you can open a window, and a lovely bathroom etc. No little extras though such as plates to put your tea bags on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Neutral Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just had my fourth visit there, I'm a repeat offender ;-)
It's my special place I love to go to for my birthday celebration every June.
The best value is to do a weekend package, where you get your room with a view, parking, brekkie and dinner if you're so inclined.
The view is perfect and the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed.
I have nothing negative to say about this place. Only that I wish I could afford to make it monthly instead of annually.
Luna Park nearby for the kiddies if you have any.
Look - you do hear the trains underneath, but that doesn't bother me at all as I live near a freeway anyway and am a bit immune to constant noises around me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The packages get priority on the view apparently so we had a very tidy and refurbed room on level 10. A bottle of champagne was waiting for us in the fridge and we received vouchers for buy one get one drinks (basic range).

Before dinner we wandered down Kirribilli Ex Servo's, about 10 min walk, and enjoyed their view.

Dinner was quite good as was the included buffet breakfast.

Parking on site or they will valet your car off site if full (which saved me parking it).

Had a nice walk down by Lavender Bay before our (package) noon checkout.

All up a great break for us as Sydney siders, but would be a great place to introduce out of towners to the city, which is just a train ride away.

Room Tip: Insist on an upper level room because the rail line runs under the hotel and it rumbles when trains...
Bathurst, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My Husband and I attended a 60th Birthday party at the motel. We had read the reviews and after taking in the feedback about noise from the trains I decided to request a room higher then the 7 floor. On arrival around 12pm our room was ready and we were on the 14 floor . Well the view was amazing. The noise from the trains could still be heard but was bearable. MY disappointment came when I went to have a shower. The water pressure .. well none. it trickled out. I was shattered. Im not sure if this was because we were on the 14 floor . I didn't complain because I didn't want to give up the view. Would I go back? Only if they guaranteed a room with a view and a decent shower pressure. Dianne

Room Tip: 1407 amazing view, but check with reception regarding water pressure
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were on floor 12 and had an awesome view of the bridge. The opera house is hidden behind another building. We arrived at 10 in the morning and expected the room only to be ready by 2 pm but the extremely friendly and helpful staff member provided us with the room key! this was very nice. The hotel smells fresh and we were impressed with the room and the service. We also heard the noise from the trains but we are used to noise. Really spectacular views both day and night. We walked to the nearby mall but were unable to find any eatery open after 4 pm on a Saturday. The food court was also locked. you can walk to the bridge and opera house from the hotel. Careful when you search for directions on the internet for this hotel as there is also a pub on the other side of the bridge (not in north Sydney) with the same name and we ended up there.

Room Tip: Pay more for the rooms with a view - it is worth it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sydney
Hotel Urban St Leonards
Hotel Urban St Leonards
#1 of 3 in St Leonards
4.0 of 5 stars 253 reviews

Been to North Sydney Harbourview Hotel? Share your experiences!