“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of North Sydney Harbourview Hotel

You added North Sydney Harbourview Hotel to your Saves list
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Blue Street, North Sydney, New South Wales 2060, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in North Sydney
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just had my fourth visit there, I'm a repeat offender ;-)
It's my special place I love to go to for my birthday celebration every June.
The best value is to do a weekend package, where you get your room with a view, parking, brekkie and dinner if you're so inclined.
The view is perfect and the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed.
I have nothing negative to say about this place. Only that I wish I could afford to make it monthly instead of annually.
Luna Park nearby for the kiddies if you have any.
Look - you do hear the trains underneath, but that doesn't bother me at all as I live near a freeway anyway and am a bit immune to constant noises around me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The packages get priority on the view apparently so we had a very tidy and refurbed room on level 10. A bottle of champagne was waiting for us in the fridge and we received vouchers for buy one get one drinks (basic range).

Before dinner we wandered down Kirribilli Ex Servo's, about 10 min walk, and enjoyed their view.

Dinner was quite good as was the included buffet breakfast.

Parking on site or they will valet your car off site if full (which saved me parking it).

Had a nice walk down by Lavender Bay before our (package) noon checkout.

All up a great break for us as Sydney siders, but would be a great place to introduce out of towners to the city, which is just a train ride away.

Room Tip: Insist on an upper level room because the rail line runs under the hotel and it rumbles when trains...
Bathurst, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My Husband and I attended a 60th Birthday party at the motel. We had read the reviews and after taking in the feedback about noise from the trains I decided to request a room higher then the 7 floor. On arrival around 12pm our room was ready and we were on the 14 floor . Well the view was amazing. The noise from the trains could still be heard but was bearable. MY disappointment came when I went to have a shower. The water pressure .. well none. it trickled out. I was shattered. Im not sure if this was because we were on the 14 floor . I didn't complain because I didn't want to give up the view. Would I go back? Only if they guaranteed a room with a view and a decent shower pressure. Dianne

Room Tip: 1407 amazing view, but check with reception regarding water pressure
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were on floor 12 and had an awesome view of the bridge. The opera house is hidden behind another building. We arrived at 10 in the morning and expected the room only to be ready by 2 pm but the extremely friendly and helpful staff member provided us with the room key! this was very nice. The hotel smells fresh and we were impressed with the room and the service. We also heard the noise from the trains but we are used to noise. Really spectacular views both day and night. We walked to the nearby mall but were unable to find any eatery open after 4 pm on a Saturday. The food court was also locked. you can walk to the bridge and opera house from the hotel. Careful when you search for directions on the internet for this hotel as there is also a pub on the other side of the bridge (not in north Sydney) with the same name and we ended up there.

Room Tip: Pay more for the rooms with a view - it is worth it.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband, my 10month old and I stayed here last weekend for 1 night. The room looked recently renovated and felt fresh and clean. We were on the 3rd floor and we still had a lovely view of the harbour. The staff were very helpful, friendly and very happy to help with setting up a cot, storing some homemade baby food and heating it up when needed. It was an enjoyable walk over the bridge to the CBD. Otherwise, it is very convieniently located to either North Sydney or Milson Point train stations. OVerall, we enjoyed our stay and thought it was very well priced for under $200.00 for the night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I ended up on the 3rd floor of the train station. I was really surprised by how noisy the trains running under the building were. If you are a light sleeper then this isn't the place for you. The great view and nice rooms don't make up for the noise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We feel thoroughly spoiled and relaxed after our stay here. Everything was above our expectations and we are so so happy :)
The food was fabulous, the bed really comfy. The view just spectacular! We will be staying there again!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to North Sydney Harbourview Hotel? Share your experiences!