“Spectacular Sydney” 4 of 5 stars
Review of North Sydney Harbourview Hotel

You added North Sydney Harbourview Hotel to your Saves list
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Blue Street, North Sydney, New South Wales 2060, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in North Sydney
Newcastle, Australia
“Spectacular Sydney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I've always wanted to stay here & got the chance in early sept, my wife & I attended the darts masters at Luna park, so we booked a 1night package which included accommodation in a queen bed suite with parking & breakfast which was sumptuous & delightful and the views well just look. Trains on your doorstep or $18 in a cab & your downtown Sydney. We will definitely be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Well located in north sydney with a short stroll to the railway station as well as interesting walks via the harbour's edge to both the Kirribilli and Blues Pt Rd dining precincts. The hotel offers some nice touches such as good quality complimentary fresh fruit in the lobby, sweets in your room upon arrival and free passes to the fabulous North Sydney swimming pool adjacent Luna Park, that would have to have the best views of any pool anywhere.
The rooms facing the harbour have fantastic views, one tip is to request a room on the higher floors and in the west wing, as the hotel straddles the metro and rooms here are not exposed to any noise.
The CBD is readily accessible either by walking over the bridge or catching the train; two or three stops and you are in the heart of the city and all that it has to offer.

Room Tip: Choose one that is at least ten floors up and on the western side of the hotel facing the harbour.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband, myself and our daughter had 3 nights here from the 21st of September. The rooms are not huge but we managed quite well with the space on offer. We were up on the 13th floor and the view was spectacular - the bed was extremely comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean. We loved the convenience of being able to walk down to the ferry, walk across the Harbour Bridge or grab a train into town with out any hassle - we also had a night at Luna Park which was easy to walk to. We also loved the Staff and how friendly they were and how special they made us feel - they were all very professional and helpful even though the hotel was busy and full due to the Sydney Running Festival. The breakfast was plentiful and amazing and changed a little each morning. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orange, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

From our booking via phone to the moment we arrived the Friendly, Energetic & Happy staff made our Stay very special...We went to see the Naval Review and it is True that Huge picture windows in each room have magnificent views of the harbour...But the staff and their nothing is to much trouble attitude just make this place a real find..
My Elderly parents (one in wheelchair).. loved it..
We dined in the restaurant and the meals were Excellent with service quick & very Attentive..
I must say if you have an experience where you can remember names it must be good..
Claire (reservations)Caleb (valet/luggage)Nathan (Restaurant)..I could go on , but you get the idea.
We stayed on the fifth floor and honestly the trains did not bother us...Bathrooms are not very big but are clean and modern..
We loved the Beautiful Buffet Breakfast ,a great selection of everything..
We had the weekend package(Two nights,parking,&breaky) for just over $500....If You want a memory that will linger, at an affordable price then this is Sydneys best kept Secret...well done !

• Stayed October 2013
Harbourview_Hotel, General Manager at North Sydney Harbourview Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear davidp2800,

Thank you for your post regarding your recent experience at the North Sydney Harbourview Hotel.

We are delighted to read your comments and pleased you enjoyed your time at the Harbourview. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from guests!

Regards,
Stuart Mercier – General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice now when my friend and I have participated in the Sydney Running Festival. The staff are always friendly and the rooms are clean, tidy and the beds comfortable. I have always found the prices to be reasonable and most of the rooms have great harbour views. I would recommend trying to get a room on one of the higher levels as there is a train line directly underneath the hotel. On a positive though the train station is a 2 minute walk from the hotel which makes it easy to get to the city and back. I have stayed on the 11th and 5th floors and barely noticed the train on the 11th floor but definitely did on the 5th floor. Apart from that i highly recommend the hotel and have no hesitation in staying there in the future.

Room Tip: Try a higher level to avoid train noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My sister, husband and kids were visiting over from america and this was my treat, a trip to Sydney could not have been better.

The views are magnificent although my room only had harbour not opera house views. The rooms were clean, spacious, the bathrooms were modern. The beds were extremely comfortable.

Otherwise really friendly and helpful front desk, very good concierge. Everyone was excellent and helped us in whatever we required.

Good atrium, nice bar and great breakfast.

Walking distance from the ferrys that could take you to circular quay.
Across the road was a very handy mall.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had a room on the 11th floor and the train noise was just an occasional rumble, that I barely noticed. My sleep was not disturbed at all.
The room was on the small side, and the bathroom more so, but ok as I was travelling alone.
I chose this hotel because it was close to the North Sydney train station.
It was but a few metres away, but, to reach the reception area from the street, I had to choose between sharing a rather steep ramp with vehicles or hauling my bag up a number of stairs.
Apart from that inconvenience, I was happy with my three night stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to North Sydney Harbourview Hotel? Share your experiences!