The Calabash has always had a wonderful reputation and now I am lucky enough to be one of the privileged few to know why. From the perfect setting in manicured grounds, the comfortable rooms with spacious terraces to the charming staff whose warmth and easy smiles are so welcoming, this is a slice of old fashioned paradise. It is not for everyone........ fortunately! The colonial atmosphere, sedate style and relaxed attitude of this small (30 rooms) hotel is perfect for those of us who are not looking for full on action or a holiday for a lively family! It is for resting, chatting, sipping a cocktail under a palm tree and catching up on all those books and magazines you have promised yourself you will one day get around to reading....... Late mornings and early nights, a boat trip to see this beautiful island from the sea (we chartered a katamaran and skipper from nearby Blue Horizons yacht charter which was incredible value and very spoiling) and a day tour with Mandoo our very knowledgeable tour guide, was enough to keep us entertained. But for the more adventurous there is plenty to do on the island and in the sea. We did have lunch at Petit Bacaye, a small hotel/restaurant 25 minutes away and in a fantastic, remote setting, where you can eat at tree level watching the fishermen haul in their catch whilst feasting on delicious salads. (You could stay here too if you want something very rustic and romantic). But Calabash is hard to beat for elegant style and delicious food, whether you are eating from their own menu or that created by Gary Rhodes. Leo, Clive and their wonderful team of staff run a smooth and friendly operation which keeps guests returning year after year and I can see why, it is an exclusive house party where everyone is made so welcome. It fully deserves it's fantastic reputation and they should not change a thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Calabash Hotel combines five star service and luxury within a relaxed & intimate environment to create the ultimate Caribbean escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Calabash Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Calabash Hotel
- Calabash Hotel St Georges
- Calabash Hotel Grenada/Saint George Parish