A holiday in an hotel is often only as good as the staff and the people you meet. Here at the Calabash the staff are fantastic, the management very welcoming and one meets the nicest people.
This was our fourth visit and nothing disappointed. The Westside suites (soon to be renamed) have been refurbished, the dressing room and bathroom have been opened up, the bath removed and a large wet area with rain-head and another shower fitted. I loved it but as my partner loves a bath he was not so sure however six other guests offered to let him use their baths (all women!) He declined (as they used to say in The News of the World!!) Patio doors have also been installed between the bedroom and balcony, there is an insect screen so the door could be left open overnight although it was too hot whilst we were there, thank goodness for air conditioning.
Also new is the lunchtime Bash restaurant run by Mark. Although we only ate there once with three others it was very good. The comments from other guests were also very favorable.
The Rhodes restaurant was as good as ever, my partner had seven fillet steaks on seven nights out of the fourteen times we dined there, I guess you could say he recommended it! Well done to Dexter and his team. Also well done to Michael and his team for the excellent service.
Breakfast on one's own balcony is such a great idea, sitting in the warmth overlooking the sea and the beautiful garden and being served an individual and perfectly cooked breakfast by the room maid is my idea of heaven. Thank you Monica.
The staff in the two bars give great service and are fun to be around. Well done all of you.
Sally and Sue in the spa continue to work their magic on tired bodies and muscles, every guest is offered a complimentary back and shoulders massage - so lovely, so relaxing.
Once again we had a very enjoyable and trouble free holiday at the Calabash. I am sure we will return. Maybe see you there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the Caribbean island of Grenada, known worldwide for its exceptional natural beauty, long white sand beaches and turquoise sea, is the luxury boutique hotel, Calabash. The Calabash Hotel combines five star service and luxury within a relaxed & intimate environment to create the ultimate Caribbean escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Calabash Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Calabash Hotel
- Calabash Hotel St Georges
- Calabash Hotel Grenada/Saint George Parish