“Excellent dining experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Asian fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: NAVAA at the Olde Bull is now open. We specialise in fusion food drawn from regions of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal. We have other sister restaurants throughout Essex, Hertfordshire & Berkshire which is evidence of our vast experience in the market. We pride ourselves upon utilising fresh locally sourced ingredients to serve up fresh food with a twist. Our service is intended to be efficient yet not too intrusive or disruptive. We have an award winning wine list to complement our food. Our menu is designed to change after several months to keep it interesting and challenging for our chefs. We also pride ourselves in being creative with our desserts rather than to serve out ice creams from its packaging. The combination of all of the above creates a memorable experience for our patrons.
Halstead, United Kingdom
“Excellent dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had been keen to try out the new restaurant in Sudbury, and reading the reviews it looked very positive.
We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the waiters very attentive with superb service. Usually I am reluctant to order lamb, as in some Indians it can be a little tough. I have to say the meat was very tender and succulent and was by far the best that I have had.
The place has a nice feel to it, with separate rooms which made it more intimate.
We will definitely be returning. The best curry experience for a long time.

• Visited September 2013

Sudbury
“Finest curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Being new to Sudbury, we are slowly getting around the cafe's and restaurants in the area. This time is was Navaa's turn and what a wonderful surprise it was. Indian food is our favourite and we can honestly say that Navaa served us the finest curry either of us have ever had in a restaurant. We'll definitely be back!

Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Spicy Saturday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Upmarket Nepalese/Indian food. Not greasy as is so often the case, so no indigestion!
Pleasant surroundings and good service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have visited both India and Nepal, I can honestly say, the food I was served at Nevaa today was some of the most authentic I have ever tasted in the UK. Well recommended.

Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly service but not in my top 5”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I love a good curry and this is good curry, the staff are friendly and the service good. If this restaurant was anywhere else in the country then it would probably do very well and be one of the best in the area.

Why do you wear short sleeve T-Shirts??? The restaurant is smart but the staff are not!

It isn't in my opinion great and is not as good as others in the area. Fortunately when I went the restaurant wasn't too busy and parking was easy (I can imagine this to be a problem in the future with restrictive parking) Its a shame as I was really looking forward to this opening.

I will try this place again in the future but they need to install air con (that night was hot) and it would be nice to see waiter in shirts and ties.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tim791, Manager at Navaa Fine Fusion, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you kindly for your response. I find it astonishing that you signed up to tripadvisor just to write a single review for Navaa. Usually customers do this either if they have a very bad experience or a very good one. Or if you are an avid diner who likes to share your experiences with fellow diners. Your case doesn't seem to be any of these. My suspicions are that you are our friend with a restaurant in Long Melford who has visited us twice since we have opened, I maybe wrong. We have had several negative reviews from competitors trying to tarnish the reputation we have so far built up. Tripadvisor has acknowledged and subsequently erased these reviews.
To answer your critical views of our new establishment:
1. We have car parking spaces for 4 cars at the front of the restaurant and a further 8 at the rear. Additional parking is available on Church Street after 6pm and also approximately 100 yards up the road on the right hand side opposite the mill hotel is public car parking for up to 50 cars; I would deem this sufficient for our patrons. Correct me if I am wrong?
2. I myself wear a shirt at work as do a couple of others. We also have t-shirts and aprons which we wear. The name 'Navaa' means 'new, fresh, youthful', our concept is built around our name. We are trying to move away from the conventional methods of indian restaurants.
3. With regards to air conditioning, this is something we will have in place ready for next summer providing we do not have issues with planning as our building is a Grade l listed property.
Thank you again for taking time out to register with tripadvisor to write a review for Navaa.