“Limited but well thought out menu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Terrace Restaurant and Bar

The Terrace Restaurant and Bar
2-4 The Skellbank, Ripon HG4 2PT, England (Formerly The Terrace Pasta & Pizza Bar)
01765 607053
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Limited but well thought out menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Excellent value for money and lovely food, we really liked the way you can choose the pasta and sauce of choice rather than just having a set meal definitely worth a visit

Visited November 2011

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I visited The Terrace 4 weeks ago, early doors on a Saturday. I took 3 friends with me from out of the area. We ate some fabulous food, we all choose different dishes from the menu, tasting each others, the wine was delicious. A very friendly atmosphere and found the waiters very helpful. will definately visit again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Cengo and Kath, hope you had a terrific holiday. As i warned, if a little later than planned, here's my review: I Took some friends along to the Terrace for a visit on Saturday 12 May to my favourite Italain in Ripon. Atmosphere great, excellent company and the food championed it all, particularly the cannelloni! My sicilian compatriots thought their pizzas were fab, and the home-made tiramisu the best outisde of Sicilia. I will be back Cengo to a restaurant where si puo mangiare benissimo! Complimenti.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

What a complete let down and disappointment.. After the the first visit which was very poor (the food was inedible, paid the bill and left) did mention to a waiter we weren't happy with what had been served to us, but unfortunately nothing was done or said to rectify it.... A while later decided to try again. Only to confirm our dissatisfaction once again, despite the lack of starters to choose from we made our order.... It came!..... Both dishes (one cannelloni and one lasagne) looked identical. At this point we willed for them to taste better than they looked. But sadly no was tasteless and watery! I've had better ready meals, never the less carried on through desert (homemade) sorry to say in no way were the deserts we were served homemade! In a nut shell avoid and go else where.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Warm, friendly, lovely atmosphere and great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This place has been numerous things in the past via different owners- a pub, a bar and even other restaurants, but has never made an impression. However, the new owners have really made an effort to make this restaurant nice and it shows - the decor is lovely and tasteful, with nice lighting, a log fire and little touches everywhere. The staff were welcoming and friendly and provided a great service all evening without being too pushy. The food was reasonably priced and tasted fantastic - my parents commented on the generous size of the pasta portions and said that the vegetables tasted fresh and full of flavour. I had a pizza and it was one of the best I've had in a while. There is also a brilliant outdoor decking area which will be great for the summer. I am going again this weekend and would really recommend a visit to other people.

• Visited February 2012