“A great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Lodge

Crescent Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ripon
Crescent Lodge
You added Crescent Lodge to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   42 North Street, Ripon HG4 1EN, England   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Ripon B&B and Inns
Meriden. W. Mids
“A great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I stayed first at Crescent Lodge in March this year, with a view to 'check it out' for the impending visit of my friends from Arizona USA. I was immediately impressed by the warmth and friendliness of the owners, Penny and Paul, and the pristine cleanliness of my room.
Although I had already made my decision that I had found what I was looking for,the Full English Breakfast that was served to me, and the excellent range of alternatives and accompanyments clinched it beyond doubt.
My friends and I arrived at Crescent Lodge on Sunday 19th April a little bit early, right in the middle of a family Christening celebration, to the delight of my my friends we were treated as guests of the family and joined in the party.
We had already been allocated our rooms, but when the son of my friends arrived "out of the blue" Penny and Paul transferred them to their magnificent, opulent, space age apartment "The Old Joiners Shop" which adjoins Crescent Lodge, so that the family could be together. My friends were overwhelmed: by the gesture, by the food, by the accomodation,by Ripon, by Yorkshire, by England,and of course by Penny and Paul and Crescent Lodge too.
It was a great experience for me.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

My husband, daughter and I stayed at Crescent Lodge for two nights over the weekend.
We found the owners particularly friendly and helpful.
Our room was spotlessly clean and big enough for a travel cot (room 3) which was very kindly provided and ready for use on arrival. Much appreciated!!
Our bed was really comfortable.
Ideally situated for walking distance into town.
We would definately stay again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

The room I had was set back off the street and thus very quiet, although like any Georgian building if other guests are excessively noisy, you will hear them. The room and bath were in fine condition and spotlessly clean. It could do with a bit better lighting for reading at night, and the power shower made quite a racket, but on the whole I was very comfortable for the two nights I stayed.

The owners are pleasant and friendly, and a filling vegetarian breakfast was cheerfully catered for. On-street parking was no problem in March but might be tricky during busier summer months. A petrol station/convenience store are just over the road, a pub and chip shop are nearby, and it's only 5 minutes walk to the town centre for shops and more eating/drinking choices. I'll stay there again if the occasion arises.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

My wife and I wanted a two night weekend break within easy striking distance of our home city - Sheffield. We were certainly not disappointed with Crescent Lodge and the ancient little city of Ripon itself.

We were given Room 1 at the back of this Georgian house - a comfortable, clean room with two easy chairs and an en suite shower room. There were tea/coffee making facilities, small TV, hairdryer and an iron and ironing board.

Breakfast was taken downstairs in the sunny lounge. There were several options but we chose the full English breakfast - nicely prepared with good quality ingredients. You could also have cereals, yoghurt and fruit juices. The breakfast room was spotlessly clean.

Crescent Lodge is just a short stroll from the town centre with its numerous pubs and eating establishments. If you like curry, we would recommend the popular little Bangladeshi Balti House on Kirkgate. Take your own drink and its very good value for money. In contrast, we thought the modern cuisine in "Lockwoods" on North Street was overpriced though admittedly delicious.

Five miles south west of Ripon are the evocative ruins of Fountains Abbey - well worth three hours of your time in decent weather. Also nearby you'll find Brimham Rocks, Ripley Castle and Newby Hall plus the Lightwater Valley amusement park.

We have no hesitation in recommending Crescent Lodge at £60 a night for two people with a really hearty breakfast. The owners -Penny and Paul are friendly and helpful hosts. They took over the business in March 2008 and realise that to bring guests in they have to maintain high standards.

• Liked — Great breakfasts and friendly hosts.
  • Disliked — Extractor fan in our en suite shower room.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

Stayed at this B&B for one night - people friendly but room was very worn and tired -the bathroom needed upgrading and the air extracter was like a siren going off - it was so bad that the guy in the next room asked us to tun it off !!
Would not stay again :(

• Liked — Near to town
  • Disliked — The room was depressing and shabby
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

A group of 6 of us stayed for 2 nights at the Crescent Lodge. This B&B is within a short walking distance of central Ripon with its Cathedral and varied restaurants. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfasts were great.

However, what made the accommodation a fantastic choice for us was the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners, Paul & Penny and their family. They treated us like friends and went to great lengths to ensure that everything was made as straightforward as possible for us including researching the route and printing off maps and directions for us, for a wedding we were attending in a nearby village. They even gave us vouchers which amounted to a substantial discount at a local (and very good) restaurant.

If you are havinga short break and are looking for a B&B that's good value for money with owners that you find it hard to say goodbye to, then this is the place to go.

• Liked — Friendliness of the Owners
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Crescent Lodge? Share your experiences!