“Worth stopping here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Craigavon
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Ballydougan Pottery Restaurant. Open Monday - Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pm. Evenings available for Family Celebrations, Group Outings etc. Weddings and Corporate Events a speciality. Breakfast served 9.00am - 12.00noon.Lunch 12.00noon - 3.00pm. Afternoon Tea 3.00pm - 5.00pm. Late Night events included Valentines Dinner & selected Christmas Nights (please contact for dates)."Ballydougan...Good food served on Great Pottery".Also on site self-catering Cottages, Pottery Workshop & Studio and Gift Shop.
Detroit, Michigan
“Worth stopping here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The locally made pottery is lovely. I wish I could have brought more home with me! We had lunch here - very nice atmosphere and lovely food! I highly recommend and will return on my next trip!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bloomvale, Guest Relations Manager at Ballydougan Pottery Restaurant & Coffee Lounge, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your review of Ballydougan. We value Guest feedback and use it to further develop Customer service.

northern ireland
“Exceptionally good service in a quaint relaxing atmosphere where you will be made to feel so special.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

An excellent venue for that special occasion where the staff will make you so relaxed and nothing is an issue for Brigid. We held our wedding reception here and everything from the champagne reception to the food and decor left us feeling that every effort had been made to make our day so special and we had the full attention of the staff. Food and atmosphere were excellent. Top marks to all the staff.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bloomvale, Guest Relations Manager at Ballydougan Pottery Restaurant & Coffee Lounge, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Ballydougan. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your Guests to Ballydougan.
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Restaurant and Gift Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A friend and I had a beautiful lunch here today. Food beautifully presented and very tasty. Staff were extremely helpful. I can say that it was extremely clean, really relaxing atmosphere and certainly worth another visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review of Ballydougan. We value Guest feedback and bring it to the attention of staff.
Richhill
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Decided to lunch here today. We ordered a sandwich and coffee for myself and soup for my partner. The menu offered freshly baked wholemeal bread filled with tuna and red onion and a side salad. The coffee arrived a good twenty minutes before the sandwich so the coffee was cold. The bread felt stale with a bland filling and the salad was wilted and well past it's sell by date. My partners soup was unedible due to an excess of salt. I would have complained if I could have managed to attract some service. All in all a bitterly disappointing experience and I have to say expensive .
I paid the bill and made my feelings known at the till.
We will not be back to this place.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review.
We are sorry that you were disappointed with your Lunch and will endeavour to improve on the aspects of service and food outlined in your review.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast Club!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My Mum and I come here every Saturday morning and we love it.

Firsty, the breakfast is great, we have sampled the delicious fluffy scones, the perfectly cooked breakfast and everything else in between - my Mum always goes for the fry and it is really tasty and not overly greasy. My personal favourite on the breakfast menu is the bagel with cream cheese and bacon - always a treat I look forward to on a Saturday morning. The tea and coffees are always piping hot and just what you want first thing in the morning. In terms of Breakfast - having sampled many places in the area (Portadown/Gilford/Scarva) the Ballydougan is our favourite.

What I also love is the great pottery, it is really beautiful and I would love to purchase a whole set for the ktichen if I could - I think it is a lovely touch that all the food/drinks are served on their special crockery - not many places can say that.

The gift shop is also worth a visit - even if you are just stopping for a cup of coffee just call into the gift shop and see all the beautiful things they have; as someone who likes unique one off gifts for people this is the place to go. In the past I have bought a beautiful, decorative mirror for my best friend's birthday, a tractor money box for a baby cousin, jewellery for my grandmother and many other things! - even the cards are lovely. The baby section is particularly good for gifts.

Last but not least the staff are lovely in particular the manageress (I think!) always greets visitors with a smile, the waiting staff are always equally friendly and accomodating.

If you are in the area you should stop by - even if you are not in the area you should make the effort to visit!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bloomvale, Guest Relations Manager at Ballydougan Pottery Restaurant & Coffee Lounge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Ballydougan. We are delighted that you and your Guests have enjoyed your visits to Ballydougan. Thank you also for your comments on the food, service and our Gift Shop. We endeavour to offer something special to all our Guests and your review reflects this. Thank you again and Kind regards.
Management