This is a grip from a regular visitor - single stay guests will not be affected by this.
I stay at the St Mellion about 3 - 4 nights per month (work) and have done so since October 2011.
The hotel and facilities are great, but the restaurant bar (dinner) menu needs a drastic change.
Since staying at St Mellion, the bar menu has not changed. The selection is not huge and my colleagues and I now drive up to 10 miles, just for the chance to eat from a different menu.
All that is required is for a daily special dish (that is not soup or fish) to be added to the menu or even better - a new menu to be created.
Secondly, there is nothing wrong with serving food on crockery - breadboards are a pain to eat from.
A lovely place, but please come up with daily specials on a blackboard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Unparalleled Rest & Relaxation at St Mellion International Resort Discover a world of cosmopolitan pleasures within the grounds of St Mellion. Set in 450 acres of breath-taking Cornish countryside, the resort offers an exceptional blend of four-star accommodation, inspired dining and outstanding business and event facilities. Located in Saltash, just 10 miles from Plymouth, St Mellion offers a well-deserved escape to the countryside right on your doorstep. Steeped in elegance; a place where miles of open green valleys wait at every turn. The resort is best known for the Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the first European course personally designed by Jack Nicklaus, which draws accomplished and casual golfers from around the world looking to improve their game. With the addition of luxurious bedrooms, casual and fine-dining restaurant options, swimming pools, fitness, tennis and spa facilities, it's what makes St Mellion an all-encompassing leisure hub and resort of choice. Adding a friendly welcome to the exquisite setting of St Mellion, our team have created a luxury experience that anticipates the needs of our valued guests, offering you and your family endless possibilities for recreation and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St Mellion International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Mellion International Hotel Saltash
- St Mellion International Resort Saltash, Cornwall