Stayed here due to its location and initially thought it would be a good base from which to explore the Eden project, Plymouth and Cornish coastline. It was in a perfect location for all but in itself was a high quality place to stay. It is very much a golf resort but we didn't feel out of place at all. We were given an extremely high quality of room with a balcony view onto to the course. Room was funky with large purple chairs but also nice and big, very comfortable bed. It seemed very modern and not very old so benefitted from a new feel. Generally very clean and stylish room simar to a good 4 star hotel. Hotel facilities were superb with a hugh pool, gym and spa complex free to guests. 3 large pools with steam, sauna and jacuzzi. Food was also of a high standard but I had to pay separately for breakfast which was disappointing as booking on hotels.com there wasn't an option to get breakfast which I most likely would have done. Overall extremely good for the price and would recommend both for a golf stay, quiet peaceful break away or as a central point for exploring nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Unparalleled Rest & Relaxation at St Mellion International Resort Discover a world of cosmopolitan pleasures within the grounds of St Mellion. Set in 450 acres of breath-taking Cornish countryside, the resort offers an exceptional blend of four-star accommodation, inspired dining and outstanding business and event facilities. Located in Saltash, just 10 miles from Plymouth, St Mellion offers a well-deserved escape to the countryside right on your doorstep. Steeped in elegance; a place where miles of open green valleys wait at every turn. The resort is best known for the Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the first European course personally designed by Jack Nicklaus, which draws accomplished and casual golfers from around the world looking to improve their game. With the addition of luxurious bedrooms, casual and fine-dining restaurant options, swimming pools, fitness, tennis and spa facilities, it's what makes St Mellion an all-encompassing leisure hub and resort of choice. Adding a friendly welcome to the exquisite setting of St Mellion, our team have created a luxury experience that anticipates the needs of our valued guests, offering you and your family endless possibilities for recreation and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your St Mellion International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Mellion International Hotel Saltash
- St Mellion International Resort Saltash, Cornwall