“Good value food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Saltash
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Who'd Have Thought It Inn is a traditional country pub with great food, wines and ales and a warm welcome.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Good value food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were recommended the Who'd Have Thought It by our B&B hosts and weren't disappointed. It was close to Cothele where we were visiting and offered an extensive menu at very reasonable prices. We chose to eat in the bar where we could enjoy the local atmosphere, but the restaurant also seemed welcoming and offered food at the same price.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Lovely welcoming pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Helpful, friendly, welcoming and nice food, also we have a dog and they had a special area for you sit and eat and have your dog with you - very important when it's hot and you can't leave them in the car; couldn't have stopped here otherwise!

Visited May 2013
Feltham, United Kingdom
“Good pub, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very enjoyable meal, travelling solo but made welcome despite it being quite busy that evening. I hadn't originally intended to have three courses but the first two were so good I couldn't resist the dessert.

Visited June 2013
West Sussex
“OK but could do better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We've long since stopped eating an evening meal in the restaurant (too many poor experiences of the most attractive items on the menu "sold out" or of over-cooked food) but recently stopped by for a lunchtime snack.
On a positive note......as always the welcome was friendly.
We perhaps did not get off to a good start as the table we sat at was somewhat sticky (from dried spilt beer?)
My crab sandwich was good but a limited amount of crabmeat for the price.
My wife's Leek Tart was extremely small (see picture) especially for the price.It also had hardly any flavour.
Both our salads were superb - especially my wife's - tasted as though they had just been taken from the garden!
The chips were excellent!
I don't mind paying a little more for good quality however overall I don't think we really got value for our money.
There is just so much that could be done with this business......

Visited June 2013
Torpoint, United Kingdom
“Anniversary meal - lovely food shame about the company!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Living relatively close-by and with our four year anniversary nearly upon us, it was left to me to organise a meal for my partner and myself, on Sunday 30th June. With a number of local restaurants appearing not to serve food on Sunday evenings and after a number of recommendations, we decided to venture out to the Who'd Have Thought It.

In terms of first impressions, the restaurant seems very homely and has very impressive views across the Tamar. At the bar, the staff were very friendly and welcoming and asked us to select what we wanted to eat from a large and varied menu on a blackboard in the main bar. Following this, we were told we could sit in either the conservatory area or the main restaurant. Although the conservatory had very impressive views, it seemed a little quiet out in that area so we decided to sit up in the restaurant, which appeared to have a little more atmosphere with a bit of music playing and quirky old style furniture.

The food was lovely - particularly the roast which was stacked up on my girlfriends plate and the scampi, which I thoroughly enjoyed. For deserts, I decided on the apple and cinnamon crumble (which was gorgeous and, for me, tasted just like Christmas!) and my girlfriend had the trio of chocolate deserts (which, for a chocolate fanatic, kept her quiet for a good ten minutes!!).

Unfortunately, while we were here a middle aged couple sat beside us and proceeded to have a loud and aggressive argument. This concluded with the drunken woman of said couple, taking out her frustration verbally on the staff and even us at one point. Although this is in no way the fault of anyone at the restaurant - indeed, the staff handled the situation very professionally and apologised profusely - it was no secret that this spoilt our experience of the restaurant on this occasion.

All in all, I would thoroughly recommend the Who'd Have Thought It Inn and we look forward to visiting again (without the rude company!).

• Visited June 2013