“once again, a excellent night!” 5 of 5 stars

25 Causeway Lane, Matlock DE4 3AR, England
01629 582534
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 78 Restaurants in Matlock
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Matlock, United Kingdom
“once again, a excellent night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The family went to the maazi last night for my mums 50th birthday, and it was truly a brilliant night. The food was as delicious as always and delivered quickly even with the big group it all came out at the same time, the staff are very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and was well looked after. We booked a table on the new floor, the place looked fantastic. definately value for money, a special night to remember, looking forward to our next visit. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“GREAT SIT DOWN MEAL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went last night to Maazi Indian. It was my first visit to the restaurant to have a sit down meal only ever having had take aways.

The Indian is fitted out to a very high standard and gives you a taste of India when you walk through the door. The place is fantastic with rose petals and candles leading you to the floor where your greeted by very friendly staff. The meal was fantastic and better than the take away's had previous from there. The service was brilliant making the evening very enjoyable. the place is very nice and I would defiantly be eating their again and recommend it to everyone.

Visited March 2013
“Excellent Tiffin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I ordered our Tiffin last night and collected today at 12.30. I had arabian lamb and my wife had balti chicken. With chappattis, rice and bahji there was more than enough but it was so nice we wished that we had ordered another one. I arrived and was greeted by pleasant staff and shown around the newly furbished restaurant as I was interested. All in all a pleasant venue. The tiffin is well worth ordering and very tasty especially on this chilly and miserable Wednesday.It is value for money as well.

Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Indian meal in years...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We wanted to take visiting British friends who live in Greece for a curry, as they're starved of anything that doesn't involve heavily-salted, barbecued meat smothered in oregano for most of the year. We'd eyed up the Maazi on previous visits, lured in by the two authentic 'tuktuk' vehicles outside. I don't think they use these to deliver take-aways, but they're missing a huge selling point here - how impressive would it be if your delivery chugged up in a tuktuk?

Anyway, we went on a Monday night, when they do what they call 'Indian tapas' for £12.99 a head - it's really just a sort of set meal sharesy arrangement, whereby four people choose four starters and four mains and they're served for sharing. The starters came on a huge hot pan thing with lashings of fried onions. As one of our party doesn't eat meat (in Greece, she's starved on anything except the salt and oregano), we opted for all veggie starters: onion bhajis, vegetable pakoras, mushroom pakoras and aloo tikka and they were served in generous portions. For mains we ordered balti lamb with apricots, saag ghosht, saag mutter paneer and chicken tikka dopiaza, plus additional sides of tarka daal and aloo ghobi. Pilau rice and two naans came with it. The Greek contingent drank bottled water and the two UK residents had a couple of very cold Cobra beers. The food was, quite simply, outstanding - fresh ingredients were used and a clear difference between each dish demonstrated that one base curry sauce pot wasn't being used here, as it is in so many restaurants.

The restaurant is opulent in its decoration and rose petals are strewn up the stairs and in the restaurant. Waiters wear elegant, formal Indian dress, including beautiful turbans and our waiter was charming and helpful. Service was excellent and the place was buzzing with diners and take-away customers (although they will deliver).

It isn't cheap when you factor in the drinks - we live in Oldham, where a lot of competition between Indian restaurants and take-aways keeps prices very low - but the quality was head and shoulder above what we can get in most places around this area and it was a price we were willing to pay. We visit the Matlock area frequently and will definitely patronise the Maazi again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Appalling service...don't know about the food, I didn't get any!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Went here recently for a friends birthday party, which had been booked for a while. Me and my other half spent well over 2 hours standing in the stair well with approx 20 other people whilst our table was given to other people! I don't know how this fits in with fire regs, but I was not a happy bunny.
We even went to the coop opposite to get a drink, as the bar service was non existent.
Standing outside we had conversations with many unhappy customers.
Just after 11 we left having only had a poppadom!
We won't be going again, the food may be nice but the service is shocking, and if I'm going to spend my hard earned money I'd like to feel my custom is valued!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere