“Does not get any better than this!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ladybower Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hope Valley
Ladybower Inn
Bamford, S33 0AX, England   |
Ranked #15 of 46 Hope Valley B&B and Inns
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Does not get any better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have been coming to The lady bower for many years and I keep coming back because of the service of the staff who are the most genuine I have ever come across. Because of my job I travel across the whole of the UK and the world and I can only wish the standards of quality food and service sets standards that all can learn from. The outside may not look flash, however the inside is warms and clean and welcoming like the staff who always great you with a genuine greeting and very generous hearty food with views across the dams to die for. I was so impressed I am coming back on boxing day as it feels like a home from home! Please never change and bloody well done! you have set the standard very high :-)

Room Tip: Any where the service is fantastic! I stay due to my job in some of the finest hotels in both the co...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed on Dec 3rd for two nights and found the inn to be excellent value with stunning views around it. We had fish and chips the one night we ate there and they were lovely. there is a good selection of hand pulled beers which were served well and kept in good condition.The breakfast we had was again excellent and not beaten by any where else we have stayed.We stayed in an outside room which was lovely. All in all we had a lovely 2 night stay there and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2 outside and found it to be great .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked on a voucher deal for a two night stay with breakfast and a bottle of wine. Great value for money. We had room one which I believe is one of two rooms with a great view of the reservoir (photo attached). It was spacious and had everything you would expect - my only niggle was that there was not an area to get ready like a dressing table.

The bathroom was nice but the shower did take a while to heat up. As someone else has commented it would have been nice to have the option of a bath after a long days walking but again not a big issue.

Breakfast was lovely and you could choose which items you'd like from the full English which was good. Plenty of cereals, toast etc. Filled us up before a long walk! My only suggestion would be to maybe have water, juice etc out for guests, as once breakfast had been served I didn't see the waitress again to ask for another drink.

The location was ideal for us - there are varied walks you can do from the inn around the reservoir and others you can drive to. We drove to hathersage to walk to strange edge which was great.

For the price we paid via KGB deals I'd definitely recommend this, and will be recommending to family.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I and dog Joey had two nights at the Ladybower, 5 & 6 December. Everything was great - the food (wow what a breakfast!), the service, the friendliness of all the staff and the draught beers. I would go back again any time.

Regards

John Lunt

Room Tip: Only a couple of rooms take dogs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We booked a family room and was suprised when we opened the door to see how spacious the room was , 2 single beds and a double .
Very clean and well furnished?
Tv, tea and coffeee making facilities.
Plenty of places to visit nearby by car making the inn an ideal base, the resevoir and castleton worth a visit.
We ate at the inn both nights and we were pleased with both the service and food .it does get busy so its best tobook in advance .
I would not recommend this place for a family as its just off a main road and parking facilities are opposite the inn accross the road .
Overall we enjoyed our stay .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were greeted by a lovely young lady who took us to our room, the room was great just what we wanted after a long day. The food was gud and reasonable prices, if you are looking for a good place to stay choose this hotel it was that good we have booked again.

• Stayed November 2013
Pocklington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I were treated to a 2 night stay at Ladybower by our son and daughter and their families for a very "special" wedding anniversary, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was very comfortable, clean and very warm with tea/coffee making facilities. We ate in the restaurant both nights, the food was very good with generous portions (so generous we didn't have room for the full English breakfast the next mornings). There is also a good selection on the breakfast menu. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The local area and scenery is fantastic, we enjoyed some good walks and drives, would recommend to anyone who likes good food and scenery. Thanks to everyone concerned. Bet and Ken C

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ladybower Inn? Share your experiences!