“Great cookery course” 5 of 5 stars

Derbyshire, England
12 attraction reviews
“Great cookery course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been to Hartingtons before but never for one of their cookery courses. The one I attended yesteray was with Rachel Green, celebrity cook with 18 generations of farming bred into her bones. As I hoped, it was a great course. The venue itself is well equipped and well run by Julie and Chris, and Rachel herself did a brilliant job of guiding us through some of her favourite recipes. I'm hoping she will be back next year with a course on butchering and cooking game, but I'd be happy to attend any course she runs. Her humor, her way with flavors and the obvious love she has for food came through clearly.
I booked my wife on a bread course she wants to do before I left!

Visited June 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent Cookery School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Yesterday I attended my third cookery day at Hartingtons. This time a Baking Masterclass with Danny Bryden. I had the most wonderful day - Danny was superb and Chris and Julie ran the class seamlessly, as usual. I came home with the most delicious baking, which we are really enjoying. I am looking forward to another course in the autumn. I cannot recommend it highly enough, excellent tuition in a small, friendly group.

Visited June 2013
“So different!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Through hartingtons we attended a foraging course last week. We went out as a small group with two experts discovering everything edible out there. The experts were fantastic, really knowledgeable and down to earth. After collecting various plants under supervision and having a good walk and an alcfresco lunch we went back to the venue where they cooked us up a storm...was really different and so interesting. Would recommend!

Armitage, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Bakery Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I attended a full day course on 23 May and had a great time and returned home with a basket of baked goods which I'd produced with my own efforts - with some help here and there. Chris and Julie run a great cookery school, they are very efficient but fiendly and the system runs like a Swiss watch! Andrew was our tutor and he really knows what he's doing and makes you feel that he is teaching you on a one to one basis - his enthusiam is infectious.

Derbyshire
4 attraction reviews
“Baking Masterclass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently attended the Baking Masterclass with Danny Bryden. Like every other course that I have attended at Hartingtons it was brilliant – thanks to the people involved. It was a fast paced and productive day – I learnt lots and came home laden down with delicious food. Danny was excellent – encouraging, positive and supportive. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. I learnt to make strudel pastry and macaroons which have defeated me until now. It was an intense day and great fun. Danny was open and friendly – answering all our questions ,even those about the Bake Off, and shared lots of tips. She was really generous with her time, staying well after the official finish time to ensure that we all completed our bakes – and donated her fee to charity!
The venue is fantastic and Julie and Chris worked as hard as ever clearing up and ensuring that everyone enjoyed the day.
I would unreservedly recommend anyone – novice or experienced cook - to give it a try and I am looking forward to the next course.