“Very Lavender” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender Tea Rooms

Lavender Tea Rooms
Hebden Court/6 Matlock S, Peak District National Park, Bakewell DE45 1EE, England
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sheffield
“Very Lavender”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We called in to the Lavender Tea Rooms for afternoon tea, after reading the reviews on TA. It's an amazing place, absolutely full of "stuff"(wouldn't like to do the dusting here) and if you like minimalist, then this is not the place for you. We just had tea and cakes, which was served on china by the very friendly staff. Must return for the breakfast, which sounds very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The atmosphere is lovely and the owner was very friendly! So many fantastic things to rest your eyes on! Ill definitely be going back in the summer!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A place to enjoy tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

A now regular visitor to this delightful and quirky tearoom I thought it was about time I showed my appreciation. Just recently I have been the last two Sundays and enjoyed breakfast there with friends and family. Tea should always be enjoyed in fine china and this is the way at the Lavender Tea Rooms. Food and drink are served by staff dressed smartly who are always friendly and welcoming. I love listening to the owner singing along to the musicals that are always playing in the background. I have in fact just ordered the cd I was enjoying this Sunday after taking a peek at which one it was. Whilst drinking tea, enjoying the music and the friendly banter at this Derbyshire delight I have to soak in all the treasures on display. It's an aladdin's cave of pictures, ornaments and the loveliest tea sets. Most importantly the food is gorgeous. I would recommend the cooked breakfast or omelette before a walk around Bakewell. Keep up the good work Lavender Tea Rooms and don't ever change.

• Visited March 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great experience, day out from Nottingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife & I visited Bakewell for the day & spotted this Tea room hidden away in a little court yard. As soon as we stepped inside, my wife's eyes lit up! We settled down near the window & ordered a pot of tea for two. It arrived with all china tea service, blue for me & pink for her. After we had looked at the menu, we decided to re visit that day for lunch. When we came back, we popped upstaires for a table...just as cosy! For lunch, the Rarebit took our fancy & didn't disapoint when it arrived. The owner & staff are very nice & friendly, even the loo is worth a visit!!
We're on holiday in a couple of weeks & have said that we would take our son along for a nice cup of tea! Well worth a trip out in itself!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“High Tea Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

An excellent little tea shop just off the main street through Bakewell in a small courtyard. High tea sandwiches and cakes were excellent and although it can't be scientific, I am sure the tea tastes better from china cups. After trying other coffee shops this is the best we have found. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Food