“Good food, nice setting.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 56 restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: French, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Good food, nice setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Refreshing when it seems most everything else is pub food or fish and chips. I'll agree its lacking in the Cuisine française! Service can be a bit slow. I do however always enjoy the salmon nicose and a cold white wine. I prefer the location in Wirksworth but in Bakewell this is a good bet!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

71% Recommend
North Yorkshire
“Whats not to like?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My partner and I visited Le Mistral for evening meal over the recent Bank Hol weekend and it was lovely. Unusual for me to say this 'cos I know I'm not easily pleased, but it was nigh on perfect! The front of house staff were excellent - helped us choose the quietest table for my hearing problem - and were incredibly efficient. The atmosphere was lovely - busy, buzzing,cosy and intimate. The food was as near to real traditional French as you're ever gonna get (have lived in France so I can tell you that's so!) and the whole experience makes you want to go back again. Go, eat and enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Reasonable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had the wine and meal deal which was good value, but there is nothing French about the food. No where in France would you get chopped lettuce and tomato described as a salad, especially without any dressing. Haricot verts were not cooked. Wine was nice - house Rose. Okay but a bit disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had an excellent meal here in April on a Sunday evening. We both had the rib eye steak which was cooked to perfection, and I had the creme brule to finish, which was divne. Whilst we would say that the food is excellent the wine menu is the real reason we chose to eat here. Vast choice of wine by the bottle and the glass. Service was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
heysham
“lovely Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went to Bakewell for a short break and whilst there we tried the Le Mistral ,From Sunday to Wednesday the special was £26 for 2 for a main course and a bottle of wine .We both had the mussels which were the best I have tasted . We both went on the have the cheese board and the chocolate pot It was the best meal I have had in a long time .and I would recommend highly .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere