“Lovely cafe with a stunning view” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 61 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe and craft centre with stunning views over Monsal Dale.
Sheffield
“Lovely cafe with a stunning view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I'm suprised by the negative comments here, particulary the one about racism because I've visited this cafe many times over several years with groups of friends from China, Taiwan, India, Iran, Iraq and other places and we've always found it to be friendly. Some shortbread once arrived at our table on the house which was a nice gesture. The food and cake is always nice although a bit on the pricey side. The craft shop inside the cafe makes an interesting addition. The location is stunning, my favourite place in the Peak District and my favourite cafe.

• Visited October 2011
raylambe, Owner at Hobb's Cafe, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thanks for the comments. I've eventually decided to respond to the racism one if only to help explain but it still saddens us even now. See you soon.

Yorkshire
“Cracking Cuppa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Only had a pot of Tea, but was very nice and warming on a cold day out.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol
“Gorgeous cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

After a long walk with the family this place did the job nicely. Definitely worth a visit for some good food. We’ll be stopping by again.

• Visited November 2011
York, United Kingdom
“Lovely spot with a warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Friendly staff, delicious food and an inviting atmosphere make this place an absolute delight to visit. I’m very surprised by the negative comments on here, the staff were very friendly and obliging.

• Visited November 2011
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Inpolite staff, is not good service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Having a holiday home near Monsal Head hotel, we often walk up and have an ice cream, which is fine from the van, but going into the cafe, is something I dislike. I stood in the que and waited my turn, but when it came to being served, the man, completely ignored me and turned to the person behind me, spending a good ten minutes talking to him- after he'd ordered. Then a couple of weeks later we come back and order and ice cream, and after asking me a few timesif he had the right flavour, he still gave us the wrong ice cream. One tip, for Hobbs cafe: Only be RUDE, if you can back it up.
Its a complete shame the service is so bad. Service with a smile wont go amiss.

• Visited October 2011
raylambe, Owner at Hobb's Cafe, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Sometimes we get it wrong. I don't remember this at all but I can only apologise and ask you to give us another try.