“Nice food, excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Felicini

Felicini
Marble Works, Coombs Road, Peak District National Park, Bakewell DE45 1AQ, England
01629 813813
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 61 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Nice food, excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Visited whilst on holiday in Derbyshire. Great little Italian, I had a lovely sea bass with chorizo risotto. Unusual but delicious. Apparently the past a was lovely too. The pizza looked a little dry but was ok, nothing to write home about. Overall we enjoyed our lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Malaga
“Lovely italian restaurant in Bakewell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The location is great, next to the river. The restaurant decoration is great and the bar is surrounded by glass floor over the river.They have a happy hour between 5 and 7 and the cocktails are awesome. The food is great, good choice and really good quality. I highly recommend the hummus and the lasagna. It´s better to book as it gets very busy.

Visited July 2013
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Visited recently with my wife. I can't understand the negative reviews, there's no pleasing some people I suppose. Excellent location next to the river, and next to a cheap car park, £2 after 6 pm. The interior is classy and very well presented. The service was friendly and prompt. Many of the courses can either be ordered as a starter or main course. The food was delicious and made using fresh ingredients, good size portions and well presented. The place had a good atmosphere; if not a little noisy. I noticed couples, large groups, and families, including grandparents, many tourists also. Probably the best Italian restaurant I know at the moment. We had one starter to share, two main courses and four drinks which came to £34, I think that's good value for money considering the high standard.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Derbyshire
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Had to write another review to replace my previous 3 star review.

We visited a few weeks ago on an incredibly hot saturday. All the tables bar one outside were occupied. It was so hot outside, with no shade, and we had 2 children, so i enquired if we could sit inside. The manager said that all of the Tables indoor work booked even though the entire restaurant was empty apart from three tables. He suggested we sit outside. I explained that there was only one table outside and the bench was broken. The manager blamed it on vandals and said it wasn't his problem there was nothing he could do about it. He was quite rude to me.

I returned outside to our party and after about two minutes of deciding whether to stay or not on the broken bench the manager approached us. He then indicated that there may be a table free indoors. On the basis of this we ordered cocktails and food. We were served our drinks and food which was all fine. However at no point did the manager or any staff come over to us and offer us a table inside. Just to confirm the restaurant was about 90% empty the entire hour we were there.

On top of that he didn't seem particularly interested in us. It was more interested in liaising with customers who were affluent. The final straw was that it was highly critical of all his own staff to the customers at the next table. Slagging your staff off in front of customers is doing no one a favour.

Ill keep my money and spend it somewhere else next time.

Visited July 2013
Bakewell, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, friendly staff+nice location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lovely staff+good service! Food was really nice! Plenty of space+tables to sit at+tables outside! Great location!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere