“Consistantly good quality food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Peacocok is a 200 year old, and very typical English pub set in the Centre of Bakewell Town. We offer accommodation varying from lovely traditional type rooms in the old stables fully converted with en-suite bathrooms (showers only) inc full English breakfast if booked direct with the Peacock as opposed to third party web sites - Book direct with the Peacock to achieve a better deal. The Pub has a very varied menu that is all prepared and cooked on the premises by very skilled competant chefs with many fantastic specials.
Loughborough
“Consistantly good quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We always like to visit a restaurant at least twice before rating it - all places can have their off days. Our second visit to the Peacock, after a gap of several months, was just as good as the first - albeit a little more expensive.

In good weather it's very nice to dine in the extensive outdoor dining area even though it overlooks a busy car park.

A 'DIY' steak cooked on a hot stone at the table was excellent and served with three well-made dipping sauces (including Bearnaise). The steak and ale pie was also very good and served with a miniature glass of ale and extra gravy. Chips, veg and salad were all top quality.

The Peacock is a little more expensive than other nearby pubs but having tried all of them, we can safely say the extra cost is well worth it.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
thepeacockbakewell, two x two means a third, at The Peacock, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Yes well worth it gts from Loughborough and consistency is definitely the key, so a big thank you and hopefully the third visit will just be - shall we say Consistant

See you on the Third!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Etwall, England, United Kingdom
“Wow, we will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

On a busy sunny Sunday afternoon we dropped into the Peacock for a drink whilst the gridlocked traffic cleared. The Peacock was really busy but the staff were very friendly and everything appeared to work like a well oiled machine.The selection of peak ales was excellent and well kept, I particularly enjoyed the Bakewell Best. Whilst sitting in the garden we observed the hard working staff bringing absolutely fabulous looking food, to lots and lots of tables, if we had more time we would have definitely eaten here, the only problem I can envisage when we do come back to eat is that it all looked so good I don't know what to choose ! We will be back. Well don't to all at the Peacock, I wish you'd take over my local pub !

Visited August 2014
thepeacockbakewell, If I could I would but I can't 'cos I'm, at The Peacock, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Wow, we thank you and I wish I could but I can't as this monster keeps me more than busy!

Lovely post though, so a Big Thanks and call back soon Pete B and Co.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Went to see what all the fuss was about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went to see what all the fuss was about was met with excellent service and food. Unfortunately we weren't that hungry so we shared crab cakes and rabbit pie off the special board. We found it to be excellent value for money and will be back. Didn't realise they did b&b as well might have to try that as well .

thepeacockbakewell, Fuss - What Fuss, at The Peacock, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
There is no fuss Alex B - well maybe there is fuss from the idiots who post pathetic reviews on Trip Advsor about nothing to do, but I refer to them as nothin' men, as they have nothing better to do.

On the whole though I think we please most of the people most of the time, and that's good enough for me, and the wingers just don't get it, but that's ok - it's fine, as we do our job at the Peacock and we do it well, and you will always be in good hands when you call for a drink, a dine or a drive, ref: Ray Dorset - How you're doing Ray, long time no see)- and if that constitutes a night out you will also be fine at the Peacock in Bakewell.

A friend of mine once asked me "why is the Peacock so Busy" my answer as always, is: '

Because it's the Peacock in Bakewell"

Bon Voyage
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Called in for a light bar snack and loved the place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Just called in to the Peacock on the way though Bakewell as I have afew friends here and thought I`d call into the Peacock for a snack as I haven`t been in for a while. Anyway I orderd a lovely ham salad and it was delicious if slightly over priced.

Anyway its been a lovely day today and this maded it nice to sit outside for half an hour too !

Well worth a try

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
thepeacockbakewell, Pay me my money down, at The Peacock, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Jack, it's always a lovely day in Bakewell especially when the sun is shining, and even better having a pint and a ham salad in the beer garden at the Peacock.

Thanks for the post.....how much do I owe you - bit over priced Jack!

We deserve more than three stars for atmosphere and value if you're gonna get paid!

So......

Why is the Peacock so busy - Because it's the Peacock in Bakewell!
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“mikey and mary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Visiting Bakewell for the day and called in at the Peacock for lunch. What a thoroughly enjoyable
experience. Great atmosphere, good beer, spotlessly clean, good service with a smile even though they were very busy and last, but definitely not least the food, which was exceptional.
Best Steak and Ale we have ever tasted, plenty of it and priced for the excellent quality. Will definitely call again when in the area. Keep up the good work.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
thepeacockbakewell, Mary & Mike, at The Peacock, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Mike & Mary - that's the best review we've ever had - well nearly the best, but we thank you as you get it when at the Peacock in Bakewell.

'Why is the Peacock always busy?' - because.......it is the Peacock in Bakewell