I thought I'd respond to the reviewer from San Francisco as I was hoping that his standards would be higher then mine and that everything would be okay.
1) the kitchen appliances didn't work - dishwasher couldn't even clean the dishes YES TRUE and the staff accused us of overloading. THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN TO US
2) the kitchen was small and could not accommodate a family of 12 let alone a family of 6. YES TRUE
3) the oven was old and all the instructions on the dial had worn off rendering cooking a christmas meal next to impossible I WOULD AGREE. WE TOOK PRE-PREPARED FOOD AND HEATED IT UP, THIS WOULD SEEM THE ONLY WAY
4) the walls in the rooms were paper thin, you could hear EVERYTHING coming from the other rooms. The rooms also were gloomy and dark. YES TRUE
5) the closets and baths in the rooms were of low/no standard. OUR SHOWER WAS GROTTY
6) the entry way smelled of mildew due to the downstairs refrigerator unit had leaked prior to our visit THIS MUST HAVE BEEN FIXED
7) the refrigerator downstairs had no shelving rendering food storage impossible IT WAS FINE FOR US
8) the bedding in the rooms was cheap and uncomfortable 2 PILLOWS EACH - ONE WAS EMPTY AND THE OTHER WAS SOLID, AND NOT DUVETS WARM ENOUGH
PLUS - The heating had clearly only just been put on when we arrived, it was FREEZING. My hubby and I slept in our hats the first night.
I think the owners should spend less on hot tubs and saunas (that don't really work) and more on the basics.