“5 stars all round!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“5 stars all round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I've visited Chesters many times with family and friends and every time has been great! I would recommend booking as it gets extremely busy, especially on the weekend and you don't want to miss out! The restaurant is a good size with really nice decor. I hear they are extending the restaurant which will be great! The last time I visited I had the cod which was to die for, it came with proper chip shop chips, mushy peas and salad it was delicious. I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice, clean place to eat in chesterfield. The atmosphere is great and the staff can't do enough for you they are always smiling and extremely polite!

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Visited friends in Chesterfield and they took us out to Chesters for a meal, lovely food, staff and great atmosphere. Even the toilets are up-to-date and very clean. Will be back on our next visit. Keep up the good work.
Thank you to all the staff.

“Children's nursery!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

If you love to eat your food in the middle of a children's nursery this is the place for you!

Food is the type you would feed to your children too.

The staff also need to be taught the fact that if they smile their face WON'T crack.

If you want a chavvy atmosphere this is the place for you!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
chris i, Owner at Chesters, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
thank you for your comments. Firstly i would like to state that we specialise in fish and the majority of our customers are elderly in the day, and at night a mixture of family's and couples. You have posted your review during easter school holidays so if this was the period of your visit you should expect that children will of course be treated and taken out to restaurants. We welcome everybody the same including family atmosphere. Secondly our staff are very friendly as mentioned so many times and i am sure your visit was no exception. finally if in your opinion fish and steaks is children's food even though we have a separate kids menu i will take your comments on board. Maybe your visit during school holidays to a busy restaurant was not the best timing! many thanks
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Chewy mussels, poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The mussels were badly overlooked, inedible. When pointing this out, we were told the chef always cooked them like that, and we weren't offered an alternative dish. Very disappointed in the service, and have previously enjoyed many meals here, but we didn't like the way we were treated this time, and won't be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
chris i, Owner at Chesters, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I would like to assure you that all our fish is of the best quality and delivered fresh everyday from an award winning merchant. As your comment states, you have previously enjoyed many meals here and therefore I feel your rating of 1 is quite unfair. I believe my staff did offer you to speak to management which you declined therefore I feel I did not have the chance to resolve your issue. If you would like to contact me then I am more than happy to discuss and resolve your matter.
chesterfield
“chesters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had meal last night,first visit.my wife and i had cod and chips,daughter piri chicken kebab.all meals excellent great sized portions.good service nicely set up,seating and decor.Evening slightly spoiled by miserable old couple who upset young woman sat next to us.while she was showing her 2 small boys (who we thought were very well behaved) the fish tank,miserable old couple complained to young woman that boys were screaming and could she take them away,this reduce the young lady to tears when she got back to the table.Miserable old couple should be ashamed of therselves! its a FAMILY restaurant,they should have gone to the takeaway adjacent gone home and complained about everything in the comfort of their own home .Sorry about the moan but people like that miserable old couple do annoy me,they should stay at home and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves