“Good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great service and good wholesome food, nicely presented! Very friendly and welcoming at a reasonable cost!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Derbyshire
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Friendly service, nicely decorated and a good atmosphere. Husband & I ate here on a Friday evening and had an excellent meal which we both thoroughly enjoyed. I had the black pudding, asparagus and poached egg starter which had the tastiest black pudding I can ever remember having. Husband had the cheese souffle and the sea bass both were superb. I opted for the rack of lamb which I thought looked a small serving when it arrived, but was so tasty and was actually the perfect amount. We both enjoyed the desserts of tiramisu & cheesecake. A lovely find and we shall definitely be going back soon!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“At last! a fabulous restaurant in Chesterfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife's brother and his wife visit us quite regularly and we have been trying for ages to find a really good restaurant where we can take them out on a saturday night and enjoy a great evening out - well, we've found it at last at the Aubergine!

I am sure there may be some good restaurants which we haven't tried yet but so many around Chesterfield are either poor or rediculously expensive (and even then not great)

This lovely restaurant is perfect for us. Just the right size for a nice atmosphere, excellent friendly and experienced staff and superb chefs who produce excellent traditional english food with a few welcome twists.

After being shown to a comfortable seating area we were each given a menu, offered advice and served our drinks. The menu has about 6/7 starters and the same number of main courses of dishes we would all recognise. There was nothing I could not have chosen. In addition to this there is a daily 'special board' with 3 more items that you could choose from.

My wife and I had a starter of Tempura Chicken and Prawn, served beautifully. We both agreed that this was the most delicious starter we had eaten in a long time.

For the main course, two of us had the battered cod, one had the gammon and I had a fillet steak with peppercorn sauce (there were also three other sauces to choose from). The steak was perfectly cooked and tender and was absolutely delicious. I have only ever eaten a steak as good as this in Ireland!

The cod was also beautifully cooked and served so well you would have though you were in France! The gammon was also really delicious. All the vegetables were perfect, hot and the chips were the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant.

Three of us had desserts and these were also excellent.

Some final key points of the evening: you don't often get offered a 'T' bone steak on a menu these days. The meat is superb quality and cooked to perfection, the service is brilliant and we had excellent value for money here.

Everyone of us enjoyed the whole evening and it was such a pleasure to be able to take my family and not be embarassed by poor food etc. We will definitely be going again soon and I would strongly recommend the Aubergine.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Brilliant! Who'd have known this was hidden away on Whitt Moor?!!! Marvellous breakfast items. Wonderful food.

Visited October 2012
Swanwick, Derbyshire
“Amazing Seabass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

At long last we visited Aubergine in Chesterfield last night, as a celebration for our wedding anniversary. We had been looking forward to the visit for the last month, and was not disappointed. I had the sea bass, my hubby had the mixed grill of duck, pork, lamb and venison. Both dishes were absolutely perfect, with baked cheesecake to finish off, which was amazing.

Very good prices for the quality of food, which is very difficult to find nowadays.

Service outstanding.

Matt and Nicola, you are definitely doing something right! Here's to many more years of your success.

We will definitely be back soon, and bringing friends and family with us.

Thanks for a great night.

Visited October 2012