“Weekend Break” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sandpiper Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Sandpiper Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheffield Road | Sheepbridge, Chesterfield S41 9EH, England   |
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Chesterfield
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“Weekend Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My daughter Coral and I stayed at this lovely hotel when my brother-in-law celebrated his 80th birthday here with a sit down lunch and buffet tea. The meal was lovely and the service was really good. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and the room was very clean and had everything we needed. Saturdays breakfast was served to us, apart from the cereal and fruit which we helped ourselves to. When the food came it was hot and there was a lot of it. On Sunday morning it was a hot buffet style breakfast and the dishes were replenished frequently. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The atmosphere at the hotel made you feel very relaxed. We would certainly go back again, Thank you all for looking after us so well and making my brother and sister-in-law feel so special.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3 and had a very good nights sleep. There was no noise at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We celebrated our Golden Wedding with 27 family and friends and we are so pleased we chose the Sandpiper. From meeting Sue who arranged everything it all went smoothly. Special thanks to Kenny and the catering team who gave us an excellent dinner. Everyone was full of praise for the evening. Will certainly go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wokingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

If I had paid the rack rate advertised at the hotel reception I might not have decided this was good value for money but I looked at a well known hotel booking website which advertised a double room for £40 and the hotel let me have the room for the same price when I rang them. This excluded breakfast which, as long as you pre-booked was £7.50 per person (which I also did directly with the hotel), so the room rate plus breakfast seemed pretty good to me for £55. It's in a nice location only about 10 minutes drive from the twisted spire at Chesterfield plus about 30-35 minutes from Chatsworth. The room was fine with a small TV and decent bathroom. The breakfast was okay too, though nothing special, and you had to order the hot meal from the waitress. When we arrived we decided to eat in their restaurant rather than cafe bar and had a terrific 3 course meal of large proportions. This was excellent for the money. All in all, this is just a nice, convenient and friendly little place which I wouldn't necessarily choose to stay in for a week, but as a stopover I would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a quiet room away from the road. Make sure you pre-book the breakfast otherwise it will cost £9...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We chose the Sandpiper for our wedding and it was the best choice we could have ever made! From the moment we stepped inside it was so welcoming and friendly. Throughout our wedding arrangements, nothing could be too much trouble.
I stayed the night before with my mum and bridesmaids and Kenny sue John and all the staff kept me at ease and the food we had was excellent, even the chef came to say hello.
The morning of the wedding, breakfast was first class and so was Kenny. He kept me informed of all arrangements and timings.
The wedding ceremony was wonderful, gardens looked beautiful. The room was decorated just as I'd asked and exceeded my expectations. The food was excellent, everyone commented on how good it was as was the evening hot buffet. The disco was fantastic and played music we requested and everyone was up dancing.
It truly was the best days of our lifes and that was all down to Kenny sue John and all the staff!! A massive THANKYOU!! You really did us proud. Tracey and Ian Whibberley 25/05/13 x

• Stayed May 2013
Skegness, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Best day of our lives as it was our wedding day and they delivered beyond expectations!, kenny and the catering team were just amazing helped out whenever and where ever they could!..reccomend this 100%

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed overnight at this low cost hotel/motel situated on the outskirts of Chesterfield, we were attending a local 'Party in the Park' at nearby Dronfield.
Every team member we came across during our short stay was very attentive & hospitable, nothing too much trouble.
Rooms are basic but very clean, no air conditioning.
If you don't like noise (this hotel is situated on a busy road) ask for a quieter room at the back.
The rooms to the left off the hotel accessed by a covered walkway, will also be quieter if there is a function on in the main building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back in the block adjacent to the main building if you don't like noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. ideally situated close to Chesterfield and the amazing Derbyshire countryside. Its also not far from good road systems making access to it good, but its far enough away so as not to be impacted by traffic noise. I find it a place that is quiet, not like lots of hotels, there was a wedding recently when I was there, you would not have noticed as there was no noise disturbance.
I have always found that the rooms are good, there is free wifi, which is great as I can get a lot of work done. its clean comfortable and the staff I have always found to be friendly and helpful.
I've not taken food in the restaurant, but have eaten the bar meals, good quality food.
I have no hesitation in going back there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sandpiper Hotel? Share your experiences!