“Welcome..” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Sister restaurant of Nonnas in Sheffield
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Welcome..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We recently hosted a breakfast meeting at Nonna's chesterfield,
When you are hoping to make the right impression, the venue and food are so important.
The food was tasty,filling and looked great!
We only had an hour and a half for a meeting, so the service was vitally important for us.
In al my experiences of Nonna's Chesterfield, nothing is ever a problem.
I find it very difficult to find fault, my overall thought is that the team make it feel like home for us.
I work very hard in my own workplace to create this atmosphere, so on all our visits we are so grateful for all the handwork.
I would highly recommend for a night out, break out space or buisness session.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

NonnasSheffield, Manager at Nonnas Chesterfield, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback on your experience with Nonnas
I'm glad you enjoyed
Kind regards

High Peak, Derbyshire
“Great all round experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We tried this as a middle meeting point and on the evidence if the website. It looked fine, but you never know... It was great. We had a table booked but because it was hot, decided to have a drink on the terrace upstairs, lovely on a hot evening. The food was beautifully cooked and presented and the service was attentive but not intrusive, which is always a consideration for me. Also we were the last left in the restaurant by quite a long time but were never made to feel uncomfortable with this. If I have to mention anything it is that the coffee could have been hotter but that's the only thing U can say by way of criticism! A lovely evening was had by all. Would definitely go again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NonnasSheffield, Manager at Nonnas Chesterfield, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much on your positive feedback on your visit at Nonnas
Kind Regards
Chesterfield
“Good food, nice contemporary surroundings and atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Although pretty quiet as lunch time the surroundings/decor were lovely. Service was good. My husband ordered the lasagne which was delicious. A huge portion and it was nice to see the parmesan was fresh and grated over your food.I ordered the sausage tagiatelli in a red wine and chilli sauce which was very nice. We shared a green salad which was lovely. Thought the house wine was pretty expensive at £5 a glass but would definitely go again. It is not cheap but it is quite upmarket for Chesterfield.. personally I think it is one of the best restaurants in the area. Incidentally one group of people were having a tasting platter which was a bit of all different types of food off the menu. It looked delicious.. apparently you can ask for this, would suggest the menu is adapted to include this choice as it really looked good. We will be asking for that next time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feed back on your experience at Nonnas Chesterfield
Kind regards
England
“Good night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Up in Chesterfield seeing friends this weekend

Went to Nonnas for drinks on the balcony

Nice venue, contemporary setting and good service

Place was busy and lively

Food looked good - we just had anti-pasta, which were fine

Only odd thing is balcony overlooks a fairly grim main road - Florence or Rome it ain't!

Visited July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Nonnas
Kind Regards
stockport
“All bling no zing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I went there on a Tuesday evening, so not expecting it to be rammed- there were a few couples, the place looked nice, and most importantly that evening was they were serving food!
I ordered fish cakes to start, and as we were sat right in front of the kitchen I could see and here the cooks pulling raw fish cakes apart and saying 'theyre not fresh' getting another batch and doing the same. When my ' not fresh' fishcakes came I tried them and they tasted fine ( although was contemplating refusing, but was hungry) . My main course was 'ham hock and pea gnocchi' when that came the 'ham hock' tasted and was the colour if chicken thigh ( was that 'not fresh' or was it chicken? who knows) and the 'sauce' was just like dish water- no taste probably because it was missing the salt from the ham perhaps. So if you want to know if I will go back? Erm, no.
Two courses, 3 cokes for two people was £40. Blimey.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
NonnasSheffield, Manager at Nonnas Chesterfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for the feedback of your visit to our restaurant. We are so disappointed to hear didn’t enjoy your visit.
We have always been proud of hosting with a smile, providing great food, attentive and friendly service.
I am sorry that there were various points where you feel we did not live up to this, I will personally speak to the team and review the areas highlighted.
I sincerely hope this did not ruin your evening but we are continually seeking to improve and review the way we operate so thank you very much for your feedback in this process.
regards