“A great night at Casa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Chesterfield
Derby, United Kingdom
“A great night at Casa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here on Friday 31st January 2014. Since the hotel had been built I had always wanted to stay here, having passed it many times whilst on business. My wife very kindly purchased a "dinner, bed and breakfast" package as part of my Christmas present, knowing I was keen to visit.
It was a terrible day for weather, but on entering reception we were warmly greeted by a very friendly lady on who checked us in very efficiently. As it was a bit of a special occasion we decided to see if we could upgrade, and after a little while we decided to take "the jacuzzi room". (Turned out to be the Picasso Room) I thought this would mean the bathroom would have a nice jacuzzi bath.....well what a shock we got!! Yes the bathroom did have a nice jacuzzi bath (and a TV to watch while you were in the jacuzzi!!), its shining glory was the 6 seater hot tub it had on its own private outside balcony. This was just lovely on such a rainy and cold day/night.
I was aware the hotel had two such rooms but I didnt realise we had luckily chose to upgrade to one of them!!
We stayed for dinner as part of the package, and once again the staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful, and the meal itself was delicious.
Breakfast in the morning...and again lovely staff, and a lovely buffet style, full english breakfast.
We have been lucky enough enough to stay in some lovely hotels around the world, but this one is definitely up there with the best of them, if not the best room we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Rob c c

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed all aspets of your stay. You will be pleased to hear that we are having an additional 2 more hot tubs installed in March to provide us with 4 jacuzzi suites.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Baslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My father sadly passed away recently and I need a venue to accommodate 2-300 guests for a wake, the Team at Casa made the entire experience as stress free as possible at this trying time and understood very quickly what was needed and arranged everything we needed with a minimum of fuss at a very reasonable rate. On the day the staff had clearly been briefed to be sensitive to the occasion and were just fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, and even the owner of the Hotel called in to check we were OK, only a small thing but nice nonetheless.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is wonderful. I visited Chesterfield several times for business between December 2012 and August 2013 and always stayed in Casa. Everything about the hotel - rooms, bed, restaurant, bar, breakfast - is wonderful. It's a 15/20 minutes walk to the town center, but for a business traveler like me, I like the fact that it's just opposite TESCO.

But I want to specially mention the staff. Everybody is so polite, charming and always smiling. And it's not plastic smile. Every time you speak to any hotel staff, you feel good.

One will come back to this hotel just for the people working here. They have obviously been chosen and trained painstakingly. HR team of this organization is really an asset.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Manas G

It is so great to here that as a regualr guest of ours you took the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful that you recognise the great team we have here at the hotel, they are all passionate about the work they do and it shows.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My partner and I stayed here purely because we wanted to find out if the hotel (in our opinion) lived up to the 4* reviews it was getting on Trip advisor, it was more out of curiosity. I have to say we weren't disappointed. The hotel is not in the prettiest of locations but when you walk inside you soon forget the surrounding buildings. The entrance is modern, well designed interior decor and has a large reception desk. The receptionist was polite, friendly and extremely helpful.On check in she remained professional and calm when she couldn't find our reservation.I on the other hand was getting a little anxious as I assured her I had booked online.Eventually we found the booking,only to realise it was I who had booked for the week after,we were there on the wrong date!The receptionist was lovely,she stated they had rooms available and would just change our booking dates.The room was spacious,clean,had lovely decor and the fresh milk in the fridge just gave it that little extra touch.Bathroom good size,powerful shower and even the products were nice to use(I usually just use my own) The bar area was welcoming,it was pretty busy but still plenty of room to enjoy a couple of cocktails.We ate in the restaurant that evening,we couldn't fault a thing,food was beautifully presented and tasted lovely and the service from our waitress was very good. Chesterfield is not a place where we visit unless we have a specific reason to go,but I do think we will visit Chesterfield again just to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Louise

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is so pleasing to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed as a couple for a week at the end of December and to include new years eve.

First thing to say here is that the staff are amazing, from the waiting staff in the restaurant right through the cleaners and including the foyer staff. Everyone is helpful polite and friendly. Only a handful of places have lived up to this standard in my travels.

The hotel is beautifully appointed and contemporary, we loved the atmosphere and the standard of the décor. We had a balcony suite on the fourth floor and the room size was excellent, since we mostly stayed in the room this was important to us. We had a separate shower and a Jacuzzi bath, the shower was a bit small but worked very well. The bath needed to have the jets cleaned, we did ask and they got someone in straight away to treat the bath with chemicals but we were still not happy so we got a toothbrush and some cleaner and scrubbed it ourselves! I suspect we are super fussy about these things so this tells you how clean the rest of the hotel was.

Location. The hotel itself is set on a busy dual carriageway opposite a large retail park with Tesco Extra opposite; once inside you are completely unaware of this but if you are after views of the country this is not the place to go. It is a drive to the city centre or a 20 minute walk but once there the city centre is a relatively quaint large working town with plenty of shops and a large market. It is very easy to drive into the Peak district and Derbyshire dales from here so trips out are very convenient.

On new years eve we ate at the restaurant one night and it was wonderful, the food was delicious although beware, we spent nearly £100 on our meal and drinks for 2. We then went and looked out from our balcony and watched the hotel fireworks and the other displays across Chesterfield. It was lovely.

The final warning is around the noise, we were there at party weekend and if there is a hotel function you will get some background noise from the disco. Even on the top floor. This is only the thump of the bass but I have to say that 3 hours of 136bpm was driving me crazy until I fell asleep. Having said that they had a live band and we barely noticed them and when I rang about the noise the level was actually reduced and I was offered an alternate room although we didn't accept because we didn't want to downgrade.

Hope this helps. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: There are four good lifts so high floors away from the noise are my preference.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Humphreys000

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. I am pleased that despite the jacuzzi jets you were able to fully enjoy your stay with us. New Years Eve was a fantastic evening for all involved and the band were fantastic if a little over zellous at times, I am pleased though that we were able to have them play at a more appropriate level out of courtesey for hotel residents.

Your comments regarding the staff are so great to read, we would not have the feedback we receive without the team we have here at Casa.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I should start by saying there is nothing at all wrong with the Casa in Chesterfield. I stayed there in August for a wedding with my partner. However I would say that on the whole it was fairly average and about in line with what should be expected for the price.

The location isn't very nice at all, taking nothing away from Chesterfield it is on a main road near an enormous Tesco with a view of concrete in 3 of the four directions.

The food was reasonable but the one fantastic part of our stay which almost got The Casa a fourth star was the staff. Helpful, friendly, polite and smart. They have obviously been trained well and are a credit to their employer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trigger85

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am pleased that you find nothing wrong with our hotel other than our location. As other views will attest to once inside our hotel the lack of scenic views becomes almost insignificant. I echo your sentiments regarding our staff, they are truly passionate about working here and providing the service that has warranted our Top Ten finish in Trip Advisors Top Hotels for a second consecutive year.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel, the second time even better than the first. I stayed here on my own as had just dropped my daughter back to Leeds Uni and wanted to break the journey home to London. Great bar and cocktails,room service excellent, extremely comfortable beds and lovely room and bathroom. This was topped off by fresh milk for tea, this makes such a difference, no horrible long life milk cartons, and complimentary water in the mini fridge. Breakfast was very good, the only slightly odd thing being the Spanish background muzak! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Siobhan

Thank you for you review. it is great to hear you enjoyed it so much the first time that you chose to return and were even more impressed. We value your review and your feedback enables us achieve our 9th place rating in the UK on trip advisor.

Operations Manager

Been to Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!