“friendly, welcoming and lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Clarendon Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterfield
The Clarendon Guesthouse
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   32 Clarence Road, Chesterfield S40 1LN, England   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Chesterfield B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“friendly, welcoming and lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed with at the guesthouse for 6 we weeks and I deninitely enjoyed my time there. Alan and Francoise were being very friendly and caring and tried to make my "long term" stay as pleasant as possible, giving me lifts to work when it was raining and letting me use their kitchen. The rooms are cozy and very clean so you can really feel at home. The breakfast and dinners are delicious and the garden was a joy to sit in. The location is perfect for going into town but also to catch a bus into the peak district.
I can just recommend anyone from old to young to come and stay at the clarendon guest house as you will have a great time there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Alan B, Owner at The Clarendon Guesthouse, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks, Joy for your review. It was a pleasure to meet you and enjoy your company. Best wishes for the future.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It was my third stay at Alan and Francoise's. I stay with them once a year due to work. It is the perfect place to find comfort and rest after a day's work.
I have a special diet for breakfast and I was even able to have the ingredients to prepare it. Alan and Francoise are ever so helpful! They have also given us a few lifts as it was so cold this winter.
It is possible to dine with them in the evening and they are great cooks. These meals were really good moments. I definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alan B, Owner at The Clarendon Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks, Sylvie for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed 10 days and had time to appreciate the warm welcome of the family and felt at home. Alan's breakfast is superb and Françoise's cooking delicious! Then you are ready to go and visit the town which is charming and a minute's walk or drive around this nice region I only discovered and want to come again to one day. I'll come again one summer, so I can enjoy the nice garden I only had a glimpse of, so cold was it then. A very nice bed and breakfast indeed that I recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alan B, Owner at The Clarendon Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive and supportive review. We certainly look forward to seeing you again when you will be able to explore further the Derbyshire countryside.
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Clarendon Guest House for two nights with work. It was excellent value for money and although I had booked a single room was put in a double room (room 3). As others have said the B & B was spotlessly clean, the cooked breakfast was delicious - other lighter options are available if you have the willpower! - and the owners made me feel very welcome. Parking permits are provided by the B & B to allow you to park on the road free of charge and its an easy 5 minute walk into town so would definitely recommend it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Clarendonguesthouse, Owner at The Clarendon Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks, Joanne, for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stay sometimes in Chesterfield due to work and this is my first time at the Clarendon. It's a really nice bed and breakfast: clean, friendly and tremendous value for money. The breakfast was lovely too and its central to the town.

Alan and Francoise, the owners, made me feel very welcome and I will definelty stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

What a lovely B&B this is! I was in the area for work for 2 nights, and this guest house is superb value for money. Close to transport routes and centre, very clean and cosy, friendly and helpful yet not overbearing, wonderful breakfast, clean shower (I chose a non-en-suite room), TV worked, tea/coffee facilities and use of dining room / lounge / kitchen, wash basin in the room, I could borrow a hair dryer - you name it, it was perfect. I was very impressed and will definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Speak to the proprietors, they will give you straight forward and honest information.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

It's the best guesthouse I've ever stayed. Just feel like being home. And it's really cozy, clean and nice. Alan and Francoise are really friendly and cook really gorgeous breakfast. I really had a good memory there. That's amazing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Clarendon Guesthouse? Share your experiences!