“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed twice in the spring last year and thought that the Methuen Arms hit perfection for a weekend stay. Lovely fresh bedrooms decorated in a simple country style and excellent modern bathrooms. Clearly the hotel has recently been refurbished so I hope that the owners can maintain the quality of the finishes. Both dinner and breakfast were excellent but as others have mentioned the service was a little erratic when busy. The front bar is clearly a hit, with a good election of interesting Gin but its a shame that not all the beers shown were on. The staff were all very pleasant and the manager (Felix) did a particularly good job. Only thing I am a bit surprised by is that the owners, who were around, didn't interact with guests a bit more; but maybe that's why they have Felix?

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stafford, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed 1 night in a luxury room for a birthday celebration. The hotel has a lovely feel - all the staff are very warm and welcoming. The food was delicious - lunch, evening and breakfast. Our room had a lovely, large bed and the bathroom was huge with a roll top bath and a powerful shower. I would happily recommend the Methuen Arms to anyone for a meal, an overnight stay or a mini-break.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

i would love to thank you for an amazing weekend had my me and my wife, we booked as most places had sold out in bath this was close enough as not to be too far away. the room was great better then i had expected. the staff were very friendly. i can not fault this hotel it was great. thanks again for everything..we are already planning our next trip to this place. i would defiantly recommend..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melksham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We use this establishment for business and private functions. Ongoing restoration to a high standard. Restaurant, food and service has always been excellent. Atmosphere in bars and restaurant has a good ambiance. Our overseas visitors request to stay here in favour of other local hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our second visit - just as good as the first. This time we went with friends so we really wanted it to live up to how we remembered it, but there was no need to worry, if anything it was better. Rooms still lovely crisp and clean, food still excellent and plentiful. Service probably better - nothing really wrong previously, it just seemed slicker this time. Would still recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you should wish to be holed up in a cozy little cottage-like inn while traveling in the Cotswalds and exploring the region around Bath I can't think of a better place to be than this little hotel. While not all the rooms are as nice as mine (see photos) those that I've seen are all beautifully appointed, and my business associate, who has stayed here many times before, assures me all are nice. My room, number 7, with its irregular walls and ceiling, exposed beams, oversized fireplace and red terra cotta colored walls with white ceiling was a virtual painting come to life. Well appointed with lovely furniture and a excellent amenities, I couldn't have asked for much more. Bed linens as luxuriant a cotton as I've ever slept on. (Wish I could take some home!)

Meanwhile, the staff too, at the front desk, in the restaurant--itself worthy of a separate five star review--and at the bar, were all first rate. Poised, attentive without being intrusive, and pleasant to talk to, all were a pleasure to deal with.

I don't know where in the UK I've had a better experience. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed November 2012
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I use this hotel regularly and especially when I have business clients to impress. These guys always go the extra mile for me and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms, people and food is all top class and I will always put my guests up here. It is a great place to stay

Stayed November 2012

Been to Methuen Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!