“Dated, in need of a makeover and over priced” 3 of 5 stars

You added Swan Hotel to your Saves list
Swan Hotel
1 Church St, Bradford-on-Avon BA15 1LN, England   |
London, United Kingdom
“Dated, in need of a makeover and over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for one night weekend of 12/13 December.
Reception told us that the shower wasn't working, but didn't offer an alternative room to my wife when she checked in. Room was a single room with a small double bed squeezed in.
We discovered that there was only one large towel in the room the next morning at 6.00am when we used the shower (without any problem!) as we had to leave early for a flight.
The bathroom was grimy and the toilet needed the handle to be pumped to generate enough water to flush it.
This hotel is a £45 per night hotel at best.
The hotel is in need of a complete makeover. I chose it over staying further out of Bath and realised my mistake.
I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed 13th dec, 3 couples all 3 rooms were clean and adequate for purpose , lovely and warm to greet us. The staff were all lovely Breakfast was very fresh and high quality - I wouldn't hesitate to return . Bradford on Avon is utterly peaceful and picturesque , hotel was a 5 min walk from station so easy access to bath for a bit of shopping and nightlife - much better value to stay at this hotel then central bath !!!

• Stayed December 2014
shropshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The reviews bar chart clearly shows this hotel impacts on its visitors in a wide variety of ways and I can understand why. During my stay the hotel was quiet. Therefore no issues from noise at the back of the hotel. However i understand why it could be an issue as certainly my room had only single glazing.the staff were excellent but certainly multitask ears. The guy on reception on arrival was also the barman. The guy serving breakfast also did check out. So I can appreciate why during busy periods the service could be frustrating. My room was clean, modern and appeared to have been recently decorated. The shower in the evening could have been warmer but the bed was really comfortable.. So my stay was fine but I can see the potential for issues

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the Swan on 30/11/14 for our anniversary , spent the day shopping in Bath , the hotel is right by the river , its old but décor is fine , bathroom could have been a bit more modern , but the room was very big and otherwise perfect , the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on (Room 1) the staff were very friendly and the hotel was very busy throughout the day , parking in the car park is very tight as little room for manoeuvre , breakfast was very good but my wifes scrambled eggs were overcooked but otherwise fine ,I would definetely return

Allan J

Swindon

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Kent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Stayed here in July 2014 booked two nights for business- room ok but a little dirty if you looked carefully - sinks slow to drain that sort of thing. Busy summer weekend so town a little noisy but was speechless as boozing smoking staff set up mini festival under my window until 3am!! I heard all their personal problems magnified by more wine - tears and cheers and helpfully rounded off with an acapella version of Bohemian rhapsody in the bar! Believe me i was in tears by then myself. Breakfast served by probably hungover staff and there was no love in that food or service - i chose not to eat it. Second night quieter after we complained and a token deducted from the bill but no sleep replacement available. English hospitality at its worst ! Will not return.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on car park side -noisy and where smokers hang out
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bradford-on-Avon hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed this weekend as we had a wedding I booked through Late rooms and had a phone call couple days later telling me the room I booked wasn't available but the had a small double for a reduced rate...which at the time was ok...when we got to our room the bed was very hard and very small neither of us slept very well the room was freezing cold also...I personally don't think the room was worth £90...but the breakfast was amazing maybe need a new toaster though as takes a very long time to toast

• Stayed November 2014
hotelsavvy007, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed our breakfast, we appreciate the room you were offered was smaller than our other standard rooms, appreciate your feedback on the bed, we will look into this.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

James was charming and helpful. We were staying here for a wedding in Bath and he couldn't have made us feel more welcome. From the minute we turned up - being informative about what we needed to know to fixing a late night gin and tonic and even finding us a toothbrush kit in the morning. The rooms were very comfortably appointed and the cooked breakfast in the morning was delicious and extensive from the home-made marmalade to the devine Eggs Royale.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
hotelsavvy007, Owner at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Thank you for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your experience with us

Been to Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!