“I have only one complaint.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“I have only one complaint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Fabulous countryside pub, that serves amazing food. Five of us visited and all went for fish dishes, I had a fantastic fish pie. A few others had the fish&chips and the portion of cod was huge! A fantastic menu and some great choices on the specials board also. The beers were also excellent and very well looked after. Add to that, the very friendly and professional staff and you have a winning combination. Finally my one complaint, this place isn't open all day and we could have spent a lot more time here,oh well, just means more repeat visits!

• Visited June 2014

Bristol
“Friendly, accommodating & great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Alan was very friendly & helpful in seating 13 of us on a busy Friday night. Food was excellent, mains and deserts, especially the Beef Wellington. 10 min walk from the canal was well worth it (bring a torch for the return)
Thanks again

Visited May 2014
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just had the most wonderful meal at the Seven Stars. We phoned at 5.30 to see if we could book a table, not expecting anything as it was a busy Saturday night,but we were. squeezed in at 8.00pm. The meal was wonderful, the baked Camembert was superb, we were looked after very well by the staff, and made to feel very welcome. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant.

Calne, United Kingdom
“5 Stars for The Seven Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We chose to bring some close friends here after a recommendation from a client and also based upon the reviews. We would have been lost without the Sat Nav as it's tucked away in a lovely location.

From the moment we arrived we knew it would be something special. The staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive throughout our meal and there was a great atmosphere. We all felt the food was exceptional, it was well presented, full of flavour and cooked with fresh ingredients. I was torn between the chicken and lamb main dishes and although I thoroughly enjoyed the chicken I was a bit envious when my husbands lamb dish arrived and joked I might have to have the lamb for my dessert !

My husband was impressed with the selection of beers and ales and as he is a Bath Ales fan along with my friend's husband, they were very content with their pints of Gem.

The desserts were equally as good as the main courses, they were all very tempting. The hidden strawberry in the middle of the meringue layers made my night ! We all had a very enjoyable evening and will definitely be back, hopefully to sit outside on a balmy summer's evening.

sussex
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Eight of us visited for a celebration meal on a Monday evening and all left very happy. The service was friendly and helpful throughout, the ambience pleasant and the food, without exception, well presented and beautifully cooked. I was particularly impressed with the fish platter starter, subtle, attractive and very tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere