“Such a treasure to find in a lovely small village!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Warminster
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Such a treasure to find in a lovely small village!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

For once in my life I have been lucky enough to rent the most amazing stately home with my very best friend, Parks Court in Upton Scudamore. Because we didn't always want to cook we went for dinner at the Angel Inn a number of times. The menu is very varied, the quality of the food exceptional and the atmosphere is stylish warm and comfortable. A good sign is always when the locals enjoy to come in for a beer in the pub area.
Last year I was there again; for lunch this time with my husband and a dear friend. Even the lunch was amazing.

• Visited May 2012

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights whilst moving back to the area. We have had dinner here a number of times over the years and have never been disappointed. Our stay was no exception. The accommodation was clean and comfortable and the food as always was lovely. The staff are friendly and always welcoming. I would recommend the Angel to anyone.

Bath UK
“nice food poorly cooked.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visited for Sunday lunch with a large family group.

Its a nice place, and they are nice people, but the food just isn't up to scratch for the price.
Standard beef roast, beef was overdone & dry. Usually you get a bit of "pink" so I suggest if you do go, ask for it rare!
The fish dishes were also overcooked & dry, I think everybody who had fish had the same complaint. Also with the classic "skin" forming on creamy sauces when brought to the table.

I did complain about the beef, but nothing was done apart from "i'll tell the chef " from the waitress. I didn't complain any further as I didn't want to dampen the mood of our party.

overall average, but expensive. If they food was cooked correctly it would be acceptable, as they were well thought out dishes. However in a small village far from competition, i guess its easy to
take your eye off the ball.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb B&B and very nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here on business - booked by the company I was working with so I did not have high expectations. I could not have been more wrong. What an absolutely delightful B&B. Beautifully furnished - everything was perfect. Lovely decor, warm, comfy, clean with lots of nice little touches. A warm welcome on arrival from the owner. I also ate at the pub - book ahead, it gets busy even on a wet Thursday in evening. Food was price but very nice and its good to have a choice of real ales. Service was excellent. Free WiFi (that worked and was fast) was a real bonus and meant I could work into the evening. I happily award 5 stars for the B&B / restaurant.
If I have one very small observation, offered constructively, it is this. This is quite a pricey B&B at £85 for the night; when clients have to leave early (not 6am but 7.30am) it would be nice to offer a cooked breakfast rather than just cereal and toast. It wasn't that early a start and the staff were up and about but it was a bit of a disappointment not to get what I suspect was an excellent full english breakfast. Notwithstanding a really nice place and most thoroughly recommended.

Westbury, United Kingdom
“Cant wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went to the Angel Inn on the spur of the moment on Mothers day evening .
We received a warm greeting and the staff were faultless. The manageress was efficient and friendly and did not mind in the least that we had not pre booked -the staff were attentive and obliging. The restaurant had the feel of dining at a good friend's home.
The food was wonderful and I would have been happy with any dish from the menu as would my companions and the pricing very reasonable. There was a good choice of beer and it was well kept.
I live locally and cannot believe that I have not been before and will certainly like to check out the lunch menu too very soon