“Make sure you avoid one of the original lodges which are no shabby and tired.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Center Parcs Longleat Forest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
You added Center Parcs Longleat Forest to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Longleat Forest, Warminster BA12 7PU, England   |
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“Make sure you avoid one of the original lodges which are no shabby and tired.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having visited Center Parcs annually for nigh on ten years I feel they need to pull their socks up at Longleat. Instead of needing to pay a higher rate for the modernised accomodation they need to renovate the whole comfort lodge stock asap. Arriving to find a less than clean shabby lodge, granted warm and cosie, took the shine of an expensive pre Christmas weekend. One of the double glazing panels had even failed in the lounge leaving a permanently opaque window blocking our views.
The communal bins were also overflowing and added to the beautiful deer, ducks and squirrels we did see a huge fat rat ! 'Mum come and see the mouse' There was also a can left outside the window too. I complained and was given a £30 voucher and wine and chocolates left in the lodge. The staff are lovely and it the owners who need to put thier hands in their pocket and modernise the whole housing stock and get rid of the yellow artex walls and caravan style sofas. Good points the bedding was crisp and clean and the entertainment and attractions laid on for Christmas were well worth the money. ( lovely reindeer and a carriage ride with Mrs Christmas priceless ) Pull your socks up Center Parcs bosses !! It is fabulous but make sure you have got one of the newer lodges when you book !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,469)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was our second visit to Center Parcs Longleat. We stayed here last year for Christmas but as the rates considerably increase for the Christmas weeks we decided to have a pre-Christmas visit instead. We were with our daughter and son-in-law together with our two grandchildren, age 3 & 6.

As a fifty something I really enjoy the Center Parcs experience, but only as part of a family holiday with the grandchildren. I am not sure I would want to go as just a couple, there is loads to do and see for all ages but as the vast majority of guests are family groups you would really have to like children as you are constantly surrounded by the hubbub of excited children and parents!

On that point I think my major criticism would be overcrowding. Not so much in the outdoor areas but certainly in the main indoor areas like the sub tropical zone. Having said that it must be remembered that this was winter time so less to do outdoors, I am sure that in the summer people spread out a bit more.

Things to do - I don't know where to start, there are so many, some included in the price some at extra cost but all very well done and worth a go if you can. Cycling is one of the family attractions of Center Parcs and the site is well geared to cycles, except that much of the Longleat village is on a fairly steep hill so some may struggle a bit. To help with this there is a complimentary land train that runs a continuous circuit around the village stopping at all the main points so if you are old like me or have very small children it makes it easier to get around.

Accommodation - we have stayed both times in the 'Maple' area in a three bedroom house. I think these are ideal for our size family (4 adults + 2 children). Downstairs its really one open plan area with kitchen lounge and diner, all very spacious and adequately furnished. Patio doors lead to a covered patio area with views into the forest. There is a built in BBQ, a table and six chairs plus in ours was a sauna and outdoor shower. Upstairs are three bedrooms, all ensuite, one with a bath and the other two with showers. The accommodation is comfortable, clean and warm and there is also the benefit of the daily maid service.

Shops, cafe's and restaurants - We take most of what we want with us but there is a supermarket on site which has a superb range of products. I did see people returning loaded with Morrisons shopping bags so there must be one nearby in Warminster.
Cafe's and restaurants are really good with something to suit everyone plus there is a really good 'takeaway' that will also deliver to your accommodation. All excellent quality and really good service, but at a premium. I found that most things (food, drinks etc) were about 10-15% more expensive than at home.

Conclusion - In my opinion Center Parcs Longleat is a fantastic family holiday and one that the children will remember for years and continually ask 'when can we go again'
I can recommend the Maple area as we found this to be very central but also very much 'in the forest' (actually amongst a plantation of Giant Redwood trees)

The whole site is very well run with plenty of staff who are extremely friendly and very helpful, you really feel that they genuinely want you to have a great time.

I do think that some of the facilities are now too small for the number of guests and some general maintenance is a bit lacking, but nothing that would spoil your holiday,

If you have children (or grandchildren) I am sure you are guaranteed to have a great time and will almost certainly want to go again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your latest visit to Longleat Forest on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to read constructive comments left by our guests and your kind comments about our staff are very much appreciated.

I am delighted that you find Center Parcs provides a fantastic family holiday environment and I do hope it won’t be too long before we are welcoming you back again.

Kind regards
Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 boys - 8&5) visited Longleat for the first time on 7 December for a 4 day break. What a magical time we all had!

I'll get the only 2 complaints about the Center out of the way first. The checking in process was a complete mess. We didn't make life easy for ourselves by turning up at 2pm which appears to be the busiest time to check in but it still shouldn't have taken nearly 2 hours for us to get to our Villa but it did. The queue of cars was back to the A36 roundabout, it took approx 70 minutes to get to the check in point and then another 30 mins to deal with the fiasco known as the car park. We arrived at our Pine executive villa (180) going onto 4pm...luckily the villa was so lovely & the boys so excited to explore that all frustration evaporated.

The only other complaint relates to how expensive every thing is once you are inside the Parc. We were told by friends to take groceries for breakfast, snacks etc & I'm so pleased we did. Our debit card took a constant beating but we chose to partake in all the various activities (rock climbing, badminton, short tennis, bowling, aerial adventure, gym, hiring of bikes, etc) as we wanted this to be a special trip for our boys. You can certainly just enjoy the amazing park and pool without buying into everything else but I think Centre Parcs would foster more goodwill if they included a few activities into the price...maybe the gym, bikes, a few kiddy activities??

Anyway, those 2 complaints aside, we thought it was magical. Our villa was very well appointed, easily accommodated the 4 of us & was less than a 5 minute walk to the Plaza. We ate so well at Hucks, Strada & the Grand Cafe. No complaints whatsoever about the food on offer. The Village Store was well stocked and we thought only lightly overpriced. The actual Parc looked so beautiful with all the Christmas decorations and put us all in a Christmassy mood. It was very well done.

The customer service provided by all the staff we encountered was exceptional...maybe because I've become accustomed to poor service generally in the UK but the staff were wonderful. As were all the activities we participated in. They were all professionally run and well equipped especially the aerial adventure which my husband and boys loved.

We haven't been to any other Center Parc so I cannot compare but I highly recommend Longleat - so much so that my family and I prefer it to Euro Disney that we visited the following week!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Expensive, but worth it. We stayed in an Executive apartment, and found it very good quality, clean and comfortable. The subtropic pool is a real bonus and we spent at least four hours per day/night there; all other activities are very expensive albeit good quality. All the staff were genuinely helpful and friendly. The Winter wonderland was very good even in the rain. I found the short two day break relaxing and I slept very well.

Richmond, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is our second visit just before Christmas to Centre Parcs, Longleat and again we have had a fantastic time with my children aged 13, 10 and 5. It was very festive, lots to do, swimming is fab in the outdoor pool and we cant wait to go again. Next year we may even go for Christmas!

Neath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was our 11th time to Longleat Centerparcs. We have two boys aged 13 & 11 and this was the first time we let them go to the pool by themselves. We have had a really relaxing time. The physiotherm villa (504) was excellent. The accommodation was plush and comfortable. My husband and I did the Aqua sana spa on the Tuesday evening and it was worth every penny. It cost £49 for the two of us and it lasts for 3 hours which might seem a long time but when you spend about 25 minutes in each of the ;many different saunas and steam rooms the time flies and you are so relaxed and rejuvenated after the lovely experience. We also did bowling with our two sons and had a great time. Some of the activities are a little pricey. I think more people would do more activities if the prices were lower. In past years my sons have enjoyed the soccer school and mini golf. This year they were just happy to spend the time at the pool going down the rapids. My only criticism this year was that you have to be out of your villa by 10am and the cleaner arrived at 9:50 and just waltzed into the villa as we were just taking our cases to the car. In all the 11 years of going to centerparcs this has never happened before and I thought it was a little rude not to wait until we had taken everything out. Even so we have already booked again for next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for providing a review of your most recent stay on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to learn that we continue to meet with your expectations and that your found some time to relax at the Aqua Sana. I am sure your sons will have enjoyed the freedom that you gave them by allowing them to visit the Pool alone.

Hope to be welcoming you all back again soon.

Kind regards
Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive
portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The last time my family and I stayed at a Center Parc it was at Sherwood Forest nearly 30 years ago. My son and his family stayed at Longleat earlier this year and because he enjoyed it so much he suggested we join them during a Winter Wonderland period from 17 -21 December. I had previously read some critical reviews on Trip Advisor and freely admit I was a little concerned that things would not be entirely satisfactory. I need not have worried, we all had an excellent time. Arrival at Longleat was slick and check in achieved without leaving our vehicle. It was a fairly straightforward exercise to drive to our accommodation once we had our keys noting that you cannot check into accommodation until 3PM. Once we had moved our luggage etc into our lodge, as required by the park regulations you are required to return your vehicle to the large site car park. As an observation I believe car parking in this area (particularly since it was dark) would benefit from the assistance of some marshalls. Many of the individual parking areas within the large car park were dead ends necessitating some unpleasant car manoeuvring in narrow areas made more difficult by people walking and other car seeking spaces. During our stay we stayed in 2 Woodland lodges and the standard of cleanliness in both lodges was outstanding. We were particularly impressed with the generous provision of the starter pack of tea, coffee and milk etc and also dishwasher tablets and other cleaning materials. The bed linen was crisp and white with adequate towels for the 5 day stay. Heating in the lodge was very good although the central heating system is pre programmed to assist fuel economy and may require occasional user intervention to maintain temperature, hot water was plentiful with excellent shower / bath pressure. Each lodge has an open fire but only special logs (available from park supermarket) may be burnt. We all stayed in Woodland Lodge numbers 161 and 162 which is within the ' central area ' and about 15 mins walk to the Plaza area . There is an additional charge to stay in the central area but is well worth it since you are close to all the Plaza main facilities ie shops, restaurants , swimming paradise. The park staff had made considerable efforts to create a Winter Wonderland with artificial snow, decorations, reindeer and events to make this a magical experience for adults and children. We all thoroughly enjoyed the swimming Paradise , it is a great place for children and adults and life guards were evident in sufficient numbers to ensure user safety. Further across the park there is the 'Village Square' with a few shops and restaurants and on from here there is the 'Jardin des Sports' and the 'Aqua Sana and Spa area' . We did not use the facilities at these last two venues so cannot comment on the facilities. It is about a half an hour plus brisk walk from one side of the park to the other and if you have small children it is recommended that you bring or hire a cycle to get around. It is true that some of the sports and Christmas events and activities were expensive and it is ultimately up to the visitor to decide what to choose. Equally the super market prices are a little pricey and I would urge visitors to bring adequate provisions to offset this situation. Whilst I am not suggesting any of the market food on display was past its date some of the uncooked chicken and mince looked distinctly grey and we certainly would not have bought it. We used a number of restaurants and Cafe Rouge in the Plaza was particularly good although at a price. There are other however a number of more cost effective eating places that would particularly appeal to children eg Pancake House in the Village area (closed at 5PM when we were there), Hucks in the Plaza as well as small cafes such as Starbucks. I do not pretend that my account is a comprehensive account of what is to be experienced at Center Parc Longleat but I can say with confidence that the management at the park seem to try very hard to make things right for the customer and that is to be applauded.

Room Tip: Woodland Lodges 161 and 162 are ideally placed for Plaza and are quiet, private and away from road.