Went to stay here for two nights just for a wee break at halloween. On arriving we parked across the street as there was no hotel parking, but was only across the road. We had a quick check in and then climbed the two flights of stairs and got to our room. First class room, massive bed, digital TV, internet wireless, tea & coffee etc. The bar had a nice atmosphere about it and the staff were very friendly. The food was excellent in both the bar & restaurant. The first night I stayed, there was a quiz on in the bar which was great craic and I managed to win three bottles of wine, lol. Snacks were also provided for all quiz teams, free of charge. The second night I stayed, there was a traditional music group on, which again was great craic and the bar was very busy and lively. There was free entrance into the nightclub, but I didnt bother with that as I was enjoying myself in the bar so much. All in all great place to stay, very reasonably priced and would definiately recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Guest Inn boasts 20 cosmopolitan style en suite bedrooms, all of which are finished to the highest standards. The multi Award winning Anchor Bar was established in 1898 and has won many accolades in recent years including Best Visitor/Tourism Pub and Northern Irelands Pub Food of the year 2014. Residents have complimentary access to all areas of our entertainment during their stay with us... The perfect way to use up that extra energy before bedtime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Anchorage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage Hotel Portstewart
- Anchorage Hotel Portstewart
- The Anchorage Inn Portstewart, Northern Ireland