“Definitely HALT here its a great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Cromore Halt Inn
158 Station Road, Portstewart 55 7DA, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Portstewart
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Definitely HALT here its a great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This is an excellent guest inn well run by friendly staff. The breakfasts are freshly made to your order and everything is done for your comfort and enjoyment. The rooms are large and very clean. Food in the restaurant and bistro is excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

My wife and I always use the Cromore Halt when we go to Potrstewart two / three times a year- When I saw the unfair review about flies I want to tell everyone about how much we enjoy our experience of staying at this great hotel-even at peak times like the NW200 weekend they will go out of their way to make you feel at special visitor. Food never disappoints and it is very clean and comfortable. with excellent parking.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Avoid the room located in the back of that inn - as it overlooks the kitchen and the storage yard. Couldn't sleep every night, due to heat as the window has to be kept closed. The room oerlooks the one-storey extension with the ktichens - easily accessible as there's a ladder on the top of the extension - an invitation for opportunistic thieves, so it would not be safe to leave the window open at night or even at day. When the heat was too much to bear, the window was left open - though for a very short time, because of flies entering the room.
Won't return to that "inn" (sausages served for breakfast - tasteless and so is 'cona' coffee).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
mark4951, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Cromore Halt and would like to respond to the comments you have made.
The Cromore Halt has 24 hour surveillance cameras in place and the reception is staffed 24 hours a a day.
I can assure you that this is the first complaint we have ever received of this nature about flies.The Cromore Halt has stringent health and hygiene policies and we have the highest standards of cleanliness which is reflected in our reviews.

It is unfortunate that you did not complain to a member of sfaff at any time.This would have given us an opportunity to rectify any issues that you seemed to have had.

We value all customer feedback and would like to thank you for your comments.
Donegal Town, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed here on Friday 28th May. I booked 2 rooms as I did not want to share. When I arrived with a work colleague the inn had changed the booking to one room without notifying me. I was then asked if I wanted a second room which placed me in an awkward situation in front of my work colleague. We agreed to share. At 3.00pm on Saturday the inn contacted me to tell me they were debiting £50 from my bank account because the cleaners smelled smoke. On Tuesday 1st June, I realised I had left my credit and bank cards, money and make up in the hotel room. I contacted the hotel and was told that they gave them to the customer who stayed there on Saturday and Sunday night. I had to contact my bank and cancel my accounts. I would have expected an apology, but they have told me mistakes happen. It makes me ashamed of Northern Ireland hospitality

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
mark4951, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
We are sorry that you experienced problems during your stay at the Cromore Halt and we would like respond to the comments that you have made.
Your work colleague that had booked the party instructed our receptionist to change two single rooms into a twin room and it was unfortunate that the work colleague did not communicate this to you.

The Cromore Halt has a non-smoking policy in accordance with the law and legislation. We have clear signs with a notice in each bedroom stipulating that there will be a cleaning charge if it has been found that smoking has occured in the room. The receptionist did not debit your credit card for the cleaning fee on this occasion.

We would like apologise that the receptionist did make a geniune mistake in relation to your wallet containing cards and cash .The receptionist did apologise profusely and explained to you that it had been rectified immediately.

We value all customer feedback and would like to thank you for your comments, and hope you will return to the Cromore Halt in the near future.
northcoaster2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Excellant food, and the staff are all very plesant,and were able to accomodate us without a reservation.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I try to get to Portstewart once or twice a year meeting friends and playing the local golf courses. I always stay at the Cromore Halt. I rang ahead to say that I was arriving late (11.30 pm) from the ferry and the night porter was expecting me. A request for a beer and some crisps was met with an apology that they didn't do crisps. However he could arrange some nachos and salsa instead. They were delicious and this is typical of the friendly service you will get at the Cromore. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The restaurant and the bistro are both excellent. This Inn is a little way from the front of the town and it is nicely quiet but never dull as the restaurant is very popular with guest and locals alike. The only problem is that with food this good it's very difficult to take yourself off somewhere else for a change. I never manage it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

My partner and I stayed in the Cromore Halt for one night while flat hunting and had a lovely stay. The room was well furnished and in perfect condition, as was the en-suite bathroom.
We ate down in the bistro and had a nice dinner - wasn't overly expensive and drinks weren't as much of a rip-off as I expected. The garage next door is a great source for cheaper crisps and midnight snacks if you don't fancy paying bar prices!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Cromore Halt Inn? Share your experiences!