My boyfriend and I enjoyed a fantastic stay at the Strand Guest House in Portstewart. From the moment we arrived, we knew we would definitely return. The house itself is extremely tastefully decorated whilst the owners themselves were very welcoming.
As soon as we had checked into our room, we were offered tea/coffee and homemade scones (in addition to the hospitality tray already in our room). A cafetiere of nice coffee and delicious warm homemade scones followed shortly. The owners also flexible in terms of the breakfast arrangements for the next morning as they asked us what time we would like breakfast rather than offering set/ rigid times as would be the case in other places.
Our room was very tastefully decorated, exceptionally clean and spacious with a nice view of the sea on a quiet road (with off-street carparking). In addition, the bathroom was spacious with a large walk-in power shower etc and was well stocked with complimentary toiletries and numerous soft/ fluffy good quality towels. The bed was also extremely comfortable offering a perfect place for a well deserved break!
Needless to say the breakfast served the next morning was also exceptional which was in keeping with our overall impression of this guesthouse. The service, hospitality of the staff and the food itself was excellent. Shortly after we sat down, we were given a fresh fruit salad and a selection of fresh yoghurts, as well as a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. The buffet table also offered a good selection of cereals, seeds and dried fruits. The menu for the hot breakfast options had a great selection and both my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts, which were also served with a tray of home-made breads and toast.
We were very sorry that we had only booked this guesthouse for one night. However due to the last minute nature of our booking, the Strand Guesthouse was fully booked for the Sat night and we therefore made a booking in Portrush at another guesthouse which was also described as "luxury accommodation" and was of a similar price to the Strand Guesthouse (however the one in Portrush was £10 cheaper). Unfortunately the guesthouse that we went onto stay in the following night in Portrush could best be described as a youth hostel in comparison to the standard received the night before at teh Strand Guesthouse. I could not believe the difference in our experience from one night to the next, given that both were a similar price.
In summary, I cannot recommend the Strand Guesthouse highly enough and will definitely be back. We were very sorry to be leaving it after only one night and were even more disappointed when we reached the opposite of this level of service in Portrush the following evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand House Bed and Breakfast in Porstewart is luxury accommodation situated on the north coast of Ireland, where golfing, long walks, fine food and glorious beaches are in abundance. Guests enjoy delicious fresh, home-made breakfasts, spacious en suite bedrooms and a location with easy access to the North West coast of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Strand House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand House Hotel Portstewart
- Strand House Bed And Breakfast Portstewart, Northern Ireland