“Brilliant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roe Park Resort

Save Saved
You added Roe Park Resort to your Saves list
Roe Park Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   40 Drumrane Road, Limavady BT49 9LB, Northern Ireland (Formerly Radisson Blu Roe Park Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Limavady
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

A Beautiful hotel with lovely grounds. A Lovely, clean and fresh room. Breakfast was absolutely fabulous. Staff were friendly and polite. Nice and peaceful surroundings. Close to Benone beach which is one of my favourite beaches. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed July 2012
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Roe Park and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Kindest Regards.

615 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Turkish first
warrenpoint
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend. The room was very clean and cosy. All staff are so friendly. Alan, Jane, Patricia and Jackie in Greens Restaurant work very hard to look after you. Food in both Coach Inn and Greens is delicious and good value for money.
We went walking through country roe park, its beautiful and worth the effort. Wouldnt recommend difficult route if you find hills and climbing hard to do.
I had a pedicure in the spa with Geraldine. Priced at £45 for 1 hour, it was bliss.
There was music in the bar on three nights we stayed which we enjoyed.
Overall I just love this hotel. I could not praise staff enough. The breakfast is really excellent especially home made wheaten bread.
Well done Roe Park, can't wait to visit again

• Stayed May 2013
Hi ShellyAnne, Many thanks for your review. Delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including food, room decor, customer service, spa and the facilities we have on offer. We look forward to seeing you again next time!
Bangor, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Roe Park resort on a few occasions now in the last few years, most recently a few weeks ago for 3 nights over the weekend. This was the first time we have stayed there since the hotel had left the Radisson group and we were keen to see what, if anything, had changed. We were reassured by the customary warm welcome on arrival and pleasantly surprised by the appearance of our recently refurbished room. This was a big improvement on the standard of the previous decor with an attractive colour scheme and matching linens, carpet etc.

We dined in the Coach House that evening and the food was of the usual quality and quantity and service equally good. Breakfast the next morning again was very good with plenty of choice for juice, yoghurt, fruit, porridge, cereals and toast and cooked breakfast options. Breakfast is self service so you choose what you want and how much you want. That evening we dined in Greens restaurant (the same venue as breakfast) where the food is a notch up from the Coach House. Once again food quantity and quality was good and service friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. In fact we were glad to see that we recognised many of the staff from previous visits, despite the hotel being under new ownership, which is a good sign.

The bar area is a little dark compared with the light and airy area around reception, where we lounged reading the Sunday papers, though I'm glad to say that satellite tv coverage of premiership football is now available. We didn't use the gym, spa or golf course on this visit, though I'm sure they are still of a high standard. However there was a wedding reception in the hotel during our stay and a number of our 'neighbours' returned to their rooms early in the morning and seemed intent on making as much noise as possible and were content to allow their kids free reign to run up and down the corridor outside our room.

However whilst we generally enjoyed our stay we did encounter one major problem. The hotel has replaced the beds and the new mattresses are rock hard. Sleep is achieved with difficulty. We did mention this to the receptionist after our first sleepless night and a mattress topper was added to our bed. This improved things a little but not enough. If we hadn't have been accompanied on our stay by friends we would considered leaving. We mentioned this again on departure and the receptionist did make a small adjustment to our bill however anyone thinking of staying at the Roe Park would need to like an ultra firm mattress as this is unfortunately a deal breaker for us.

We have since talked to other friends who have stayed at the Roe Park and had similar issues with the mattresses, so it's not just us, though we are surprised other reviewers havn't mentioned it. It's a pity because despite all the other positives, if you can't get a night's sleep, there's no point.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your dining experiences and appreciated the new decor within the hotel. We are continually improving and developing the hotel in various ways. I appreciate your comment, and disappointed you had an unsettled night's sleep. I am pleased that house keeping assisted you by providing a mattress topper. This isn't a complain which we regularly receive, it is often quite the opposite but we do acknowledge that different guests have varying requirements when it comes to mattresses and do hope this does not deter you from future visits to the hotel. Kindest Regards.
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed with my partner at the Roe Park on Saturday 27th April for one night - a special Limavady family get-together which I was particularly looking forward to. We arrived a little early so completed a check-in form and agreed to come back later to collect our keys. On arriving at the room we found that the toiletries were based on single occupancy - one small shower gel and one shampoo for two people. I rang reception and to be honest the additional toiletries did arrive promptly, but it was a little embarrassing to say the least!.

We had booked dinner at an external location so didn't need to book dinner in the hotel.

The next morning we headed off for a swim to work up an appetite to be greeted at the pool reception by Kate who after duly booking us in and issuing us with towels, said and I quote because 'Do WE have our swimming caps?". I literally spun on my heel looking for the troupe of unruly school children, and finding no one behind me, realised she meant my partner and I (my partner at this juncture, already aghast at her condescending manner, whipped out her swimming cap with a flourish to say 'Yes WE have our swimming caps and we even have a RADISSON swimming cap!"

Undeterred we did enjoy the facilities, however I was a little concerned that there were no blue overshoes prior to entering the male changing rooms - glad I hadn't stepped in anything untoward - and strangely the empty container was placed on the door leading to the pool?

We arrived for breakfast around 09.45 and the queue was long! However because there were only two of us we were seated (gratefully) before the 4 people in front of us. Breakfast itself was lukewarm and unappealing. The bacon was grey and looked like it had been boiled and not grilled. The sausages (and I watched the container being replenished in front of me) were barely lukewarm and tasteless. The eggs were overcooked and also cold. The tea when it arrived.......eventually after two reminders to the staff .....was as weak as dishwater (one teabag for two people????). Because the "hot" breakfast looked unappealing my partner decided to settle for some toast but the queue at the toaster meant she had to wait almost 10 minutes. Also, the toaster was only toasting one side and to put it back into the toaster meant others had to wait while you tried to work out which side to put back in to cook the other side!! Comical to say the least! (PS I did notice quite a few pieces of burnt toast on other tables as I left.....I guess they got it wrong!!)

Overall, the Roe Park is supposed to be a 4* (and I have stayed in many 4* and 5* hotels both here and all over Europe) but it definitely does not live up to its rating. I have previously stayed here when it was the Radisson and to be honest standards have slipped.

PS When you receive your bill (surreptitiously posted under the door at some stage during the night!) in which you are advised to pay on your way to breakfast to avoid queues at 11.00, please note we paid our bill at 11.00 promptly and there was no queue! I can understand why this practice is used however I find it very insulting and as a customer I don't have a problem queuing to pay the bill. To be honest I think this is to assist reception staff rather than paying guests.

On a final note a sincere word of thanks to Kim? who located my phone charger and promptly posted it out to me.

I feel that if standards improve around the pool area and breakfast I will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear, Many thanks for your review. I would like to apologize for any dissatisfaction which was caused to you during your stay with us. I will forward your comments to our housekeeping, leisure and Food & Beverage departments to review. We appreciate constructive criticism to help us improve and develop and I hope this experience does not deter you from visits to the hotel. Kindest Regards.
Armoy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have stayed here three times having a girlie break away, I love it! The rooms are a good size, comfortable beds and all the amenities you could wish for. The Coach House restaurant is beautiful, quick service and pleasant staff! The spa is fantasic, very relaxing. swimming pool jacuzzi and sauna all lovley aswell, everything is spotless! Great range of equipment in the gym aswell. Absolutely fantastic hotel, well worth the money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Lynsey, Many thanks for your review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time. Kindest Regards, Roe Park Resort
Portstewart, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Roe Park with my wife over the bank holiday weekend and we had a very comfortable stay. The hotel is very good, but nothing stood out as being exceptional; it is a place I would definitely go back to and recommend, but isn't for those expecting luxury.

The room was very comfortable, but unfortunately was located opposite a housekeeping station, which caused some noise in the morning. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and proved very efficient when we wanted our room cleaned. There was only one courtesy shampoo between us, which was very small; I must remember to pack my own next time.

Food in the hotel is expensive, but very good. It isn't exceptional, but it is very good! The restaurants can be very noisy as this is a family hotel and so this isn't the best place for a romantic meal.

Location is brilliant and this hotel is great if you like golf! I had hoped for a swim, but there is a requirement to wear a swimming cap, which the hotel can provide (for a fee). I did not want to wear a cap and so didn't get to use the pool.

Staff were very friendly, especially at reception. Restaurant staff were also good save for one young man whom needs to learn how to smile and put glasses down gently!

Overall, this is a really good hotel and we enjoyed our stay and will certainly go back.

• Stayed May 2013
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Roe Park and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife on your next visit. Kindest Regards
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked for 2 nights B&B + 1 evening meal & a spa treatment.
As we had been here many times we were not disappointed.
Service was first class & as always a lovely welcome and nothing was a bother to the staff.
Our meal in Greens was beautifully presented and of the highest quality, everyone was well pleased with their meal.
Breakfast was good, only thing and it was minor, the bacon at breakfast could have been more crispy, but then that's a thing I am fussy with, don't like fatty pale bacon of which there was some and had to go through the server to get a piece well done.
But like I say minor and if that is all I could find to gripe about,
not bad !!!
Overall a very relaxing enjoyable stay, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review. Delighted you enjoyed your spa break with us at Roe Park and everything was to your liking (apart from crispy bacon) ;) look forward to seeing you next time! Kindest Regards, Roe Park Resort

Been to Roe Park Resort? Share your experiences!