“Fantastic and friendly restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 32 restaurants in Alcester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 NEW

Went to this restaurant on Friday for the first time, what a fabulous place, staff extremely friendly, food outstanding the potions were large but staff very willing to put left overs into boxes for you to take with you. The restaurant is nicely decorated and nothing is to much for the staff.

You can tell that the food is freshly made, so well worth the extra wait, the nan bread is delicious the best I have ever had. The restaurant is so clean and stylish there is a little balcony area for those that smoke and a stair lift for people that cannot manage stairs as it is above a shop.

I will definitely be going back to the Cardamom again, thoroughly enjoyed it.

86% Recommend
Bromsgrove, England, United Kingdom
“Friendly fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 NEW

First visit to the restaurant which is one the first floor above shops. One flight of stairs and a stair lift for those with mobility problems. Nicely decorated in modern style with round tables and leather chairs.Toilets were clean & fresh and there was a decked balcony for those who want to smoke. Staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was freshly made and well worth the extra wait. The nan was by far the best I have had. Portions were larger than expected, but the staff were more than happy to put the left overs into containers to take home. Not licensed so take your own alcohol. Other diners were groups, families with younger children and couples, so they cater for a wide mix of diners and for all occasions. They also do take away for collection or delivery. I will be going again.

Alcester, England, United Kingdom
“Great staff & great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 NEW

I can't believe having lived only 2 miles from here for the last 41/2 years I had been missing out on this place. First impressions are how very clean the dining area is and a very friendly and welcoming all the staff are. The food was spot on. To be honest I would have expected to pay more money. The staff are a credit and work hard. I definitely will be back soon and I can't recommend the Cardamom highly enough, give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I hadn't been to Cardamom for some time, before my visit for a friend's birthday this weekend. I went to school in Alcester and we often visited the Cardamom for birthdays, so a friend of mine decided to make her birthday a mini-reunion and have a meal at the restaurant.

There were about 18 of us overall, and considering that the space in the upstairs Cardamom is relatively limited, we didn't feel in any way cramped. We had more than enough poppadoms for the table, and the staff kept on bringing more when we ate our way through.

I had the vegetable biryani to eat, which was absolutely delicious. The portion was far too large for me, though, and had we not been en route the pub afterwards, I would have asked to take the rest home. Being able to bring our own drinks was a massive plus, and the atmosphere great.

The service in Cardamom was absolutely fantastic - the waiters were very attentive and patient, and kindly offered to take group photos of us. They took the many separate payments with good grace, and were very friendly. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alcester, United Kingdom
“Difficult To Find Somewhere Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I may be biased because I live within easy walking distance of Cardamom, but I have yet to find more tastier food & such friendly service, whether takeaway or dine in. The overall service is first class & consistently reliable, my family & friends always look forward to our next meal with this restaurant. No dish has ever disappointed me, the fish dishes are to be highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014