“beware when using your credit card” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seagoe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portadown
Seagoe Hotel
You added Seagoe Hotel to your Saves list
22 Upper Church Lane, Portadown GT63 5JE, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Portadown
northern ireland
“beware when using your credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

my daughter had her wedding there in may which i have no complaints about. The one thing I would urge people to be aware of is rooms being charged to your credit card. I was overcharged on my credit card for a room on the sun night which no one stayed in.
After numerous phone calls and promises that it would be credited back to my card needless to say it still hasnt been done. I have been passed from person to person who take my details everytime and promise that it will be sorted out there and that someone will phone me back (Im still waiting).

Seagoe need to get their act together and begin by sending staff on a course on how to deal with the public. There are much better hotels out there and I would advise people to look elsewhere before using the seagoe.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kent, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This is probably our fourth visit, staying at the Seagoe when visiting family locally. The family rooms are an interconnecting double and twin room and very spacious. I made use of the Wifi for the first time there and, after an initial problem that the staff assisted with (and refunded my first payment), it was problem-free - and very useful. I understand the hotel has changed hands again recently. We noticed some sprucing up around reception (notably the large staircase looked less tatty) and the bar area. The rooms are much as ever - nice size, large beds and peaceful, but the bathrooms could do with a little updating.

We didn't eat there in the evening but breakfasts were fine and the waiting staff, as with all the staff, were very welcoming and helpful. The one real glitch we had was making the original booking. I was flexible on dates around a weekend but was firmly told that there was a wedding and all family rooms were taken. On further enquiry, it was only the Friday night that was full, so we delayed our trip by a day. It's not the first time that I've had trouble booking - I sometimes wonder whether the focus is solely on weddings, but once there, our stay was fine, as usual.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
n.ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Returned out of curiosity after sisters wedding fiasco,no suprise that nothing has changed grumpy faces in familiar places with stinking food to match rubys fajitas more like rubys msg filled wrap.msg stands for mono sodium glutimate a food flavouring enhancer that makes you feel bloated and lethargic after consuming it.my partner ordered steak with chips asked for medium rare came out with lots of hair included for free must be making up for the sides you have to pay ridiculous prices for the steak itself was window breaking material well done to that extreme.as the great man gordon ramsey says shut it down turn it off kitchen closed this place should follow suit a real nothern ireland kitchen nightmare avoid at all costs....dessert any1????

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010 via mobile

Very poor welcome from sour face receptionist
Beds need renewed absolute rock hard had a shockin sleep
More staff at breakfast as one guy was cooking, taking orders & serving all on his own felt sorry for him

• Stayed September 2010
Fareham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

The hotel bedrooms are tired and worn and need urgent maintenance. In the double room were I was staying, there were the following faults: Two lights in the bathroom were faulty, I could nt use the bath as both taps would not turn, the shaver socket was broken, and the automatic sink plug would not work. In the main bedroom another light was faulty, the curtains would not draw properly and it was an old style (chunky TV). Breakfast was as bad, half cooked toast, cold bacon and eggs, and tepid milk instead of cold milk for cereal.
Overall it was terrible, and very dissappointing. My advice go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Norwich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed at the Seagoe recently for just one night with all expenses paid for by our hosts.
As always, first impressions count. The receptionist was not the cheeriest person I've ever seen, must have been near to the end of her shift!
My room was OK if a bit dated and grubby. The arms on the armchair were black and worn. The bed size was meant to impress which it did, what didn't impress was the hardness! It was like lying on a board. You could actually see the mattress through the bottom sheet - didn't get a very good nights sleep what with plumbing noises from other rooms. Plus point was absolutely no noise from outside. The bathroom could do with a revamp - old and tatty. The food in the restaurant was supurb with excellent service.
Disappointed with the service in the morning, after breakfast we were staring at dirty plates for ages, the waitress just kept walking past, in the end I had to ask her to clear our table, not good enough!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed in the Seagoe for one night with my husband and had a large family dinner in the restaurant that night. The outside of the hotel, lobby, restaurant and bar were very upmarket, posh looking and luxurious, the hotel rooms unfortunately dont quite match. Our room was average looking in comparison, no hot water except in the morning, not overly luxurious at all.
The dinner in the restaurant wasnt great either, many peoples food was cold or luke warm, tiny portions, expensive when meals dont come with any sides, eg the steak (which was over £20) came literally on its own, no veg with it, nothing, so you`ve to pay for anything extra. It was also very warm that night and the restaurant didnt have air con.
I wouldnt rush to stay there again or to dine there again to be honest.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Seagoe Hotel? Share your experiences!