“PRETTY NICE.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Newry, United Kingdom
“PRETTY NICE.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Been here a few times and staff are good. Food also good but too mild.
Specials on from time to time. Its definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Good Indian Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I eat alot in the Indian Restaurants in Portadown and the Star is a regular choice. It has a comprehensive menu and the staff are very friendly. It's not always perfect as other contributors have eluded to, but I have witnessed occasions where things have gone wrong and the staff always do their best to put things right.
I think their meat dishes are superior in "meat quality" than others in the town and thats what often brings me back.
Friendly service - good food sums it up!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Family friendly lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We go to this place every now and then and every time we find it very pleasant. The staff is very friendly and approachable. We always take our 2 year old with us and she loves it. I'm very surprised by other reviews. The food there comes just in time, not too quick not too slow. Just in time to enjoy a dine out. The food is also different than standard indian. We do enjoy our little trips there.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“DON'T GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The service in this restaurant is awful, it took 25 minutes to actually take order. I tried on several occasions to indicate to staff I wanted to order, but they continually avoid eye contact and we were only customers in restaurant so they were not busy. Lady member of staff was more interested in her packet of crisps, cup of tea and reading a trashy magazine. They did not clear plates in between meals, when they brought next course they had to clear then, it was just dreadful service. Also they charge £10 for children chicken nuggets and chips, the chicken could not really be described as chicken and could not be eaten. To be fair though the actual indian was nice, I would recommend ordering take away and collecting, though I noticed even when telephone ordered customers still had to wait at least 10 minutes. My advice do not sit in.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm not a lover of Indian food but was impressed with the food I had in star of India. Staff very pleasant and happy to help. In my opinion its slightly over priced but I guess it's not somewhere you go every night.

• Visited January 2013